Oversteer by POLYGAMe

AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474

Hey guys, here are a couple of WIP shots of my latest game. Should be out in a week or two, just finishing the final touches!

Oversteer is a cel-shaded racer that pays homage to the old point 2 point racing greats such as Test Drive and the original Need For Speed. I've even had a bit of input from Markus Tessman, lead artist on NFS :D

Just remember, these shots are not indicative of the final project. I have the core gameplay all done and now I'm tweaking "the look".

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

Template inbound!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474

@quantumsheep said:
    Template inbound!

Haha, good luck to them!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@quantumsheep said:
    Template inbound!

Lol !

I'm already working on a template of QS's template, I'm spearheading the nascent underground template of template black market.

edited April 2014

@POLYGAMe said:
    Hey guys, here are a couple of WIP shots of my latest game. Should be out in a week or two, just finishing the final touches!

Looks great, very old school, love the cel-shaded look.

You should have something on the dashboard like a coke can that rolls around as you lean into the corners, or maybe some swinging furry dice.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Furry dice and Dave and Sharon windscreen sticker lol.

Darren.

@DeepBlueApps said:
    Furry dice and Dave and Sharon windscreen sticker lol.

Darren.

Dave 'n' Shazza :)

You should be able to enter your name for the window sticker (which will be displayed back to front for authenticity).

@Socks Love it :)

Darren.

I'm confused... Who are Dave and Sharon? LOL

edited April 2014

Karl in the 80s i think? In the UK we had a craze of putting your name and your partners name on a long sticker that went on the inside of the front windscreen, you could have anything but most had their name and partners name, was a little sad but it was pretty popular.

I was born in 1970 so remember them well, not sure if it caught on in other countries.

Darren.

@POLYGAMe said:
    I'm confused... Who are Dave and Sharon? LOL

Just your stereotypical English boyfriend / girlfriend 1970s/1980s couple. The sort who's get a windshield sticker running across the top of the windscreen reading Dave 'n' Sharon. :)

edited April 2014

Haha, I believe you're referring to what we in New Zealand call "bogans" or "westies". And it would be Dazza and Shazza here.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/bogans-run-feat.-gazza/id590398873?mt=8

Dazza and Shazza would be funny :)

Darren.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    edited April 2014

It's johnny en anita in the Netherlands. (Johnie pronounced as Sjonnie).
    Looking forward to stealing playing your game ;)

Edit: strike through style doesn't work...

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

This looks awesome!!!

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited April 2014

I think the dashboard could use a Hula Dancer or maybe a Bobble Head that you can interact with lol.

Looks like it will be a cool game.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@DeepBlueApps said:
    Karl in the 80s i think? In the UK we had a craze of putting your name and your partners name on a long sticker that went on the inside of the front windscreen, you could have anything but most had their name and partners name, was a little sad but it was pretty popular.

I was born in 1970 so remember them well, not sure if it caught on in other countries.

Darren.

In Canada and the U.S. you just see older couples wearing the same jackets. I will never be one of those people.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

It's the 80's version of the joint Facebook account. Though somehow I think its way less sad to have the window sticker than it is to have a joint FB account. Lol

@POLYGAMe‌ the game looks very cool. Kinda nice to see game graphics on a racer as opposed to damn near real life graphics.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2014

This discussion is apparently driving people crazy...............driving....sorry couldn't resist :wink:

Game looks cool!!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Dues said:
    This discussion is apparently driving people crazy...............driving....sorry couldn't resist :wink:

I see what you did there...

Fantastic looking game, man ! Looking forward to playing it!

Cheers for the positive comments, guys :D

edited April 2014

@LumpApps said:
    It's johnny en anita in the Netherlands. (Johnie pronounced as Sjonnie).
    Looking forward to stealing playing your game ;)

Edit: strike through style doesn't work...

Lol :)

#templatewars

@SingleSparq said:
    In Canada and the U.S. you just see older couples wearing the same jackets. I will never be one of those people.

I'm looking forward to it, but the jackets have got to be beige, if they are not beige then no deal.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

We call a couple with the same jackets Jut en Jul. (Pronounced Yut 'n' Yul). They don't have to be beige.
    Sorry for polluting your post, @POLYGAMe‌

@imGua said:
    What engine do you use?

Unity.

Well, been working hard on this! Taking much longer than I thought (as usual for me), but getting there and I managed to pick up a big publisher along the way :D

Here is a screen from the current iPad build.

edited July 2014

Looking good but I have seen all the other posts closed if it's not made with GS so be prepared for cease and decease :pensive:

Darren.

@DeepBlueApps said:
    Looking good but I have seen all the other posts closed if it's not made with GS so be prepared for cease and decease :pensive:

Darren.

So what's the point in a "Non-GS Game News" section, then?

edited July 2014

Maybe for consoles or E3 etc but every game advertised that has been made with Corona or Unity from what I have seen has been closed...don't shoot the messenger :)

Darren.

@DeepBlueApps said:
    Maybe for consoles or E3 etc just every game advertised that has been made with Corona or Unity from what I have seen has been closed...don't shoot the messenger :)

Darren.

So AAA titles not made with GS are fine, but not small indie games? That sounds ridiculously stupid and if that's the case, I certainly won't be stopping by the GS forums again...