Changing Images In A Template

blowfishfruitblowfishfruit Member, PRO Posts: 41
edited April 2014 in Tech Support

I thought tinkering with templates would be a good way to learn more after watching several tutorials.

So, I'm switching out images in a template, some work and some do not. All the images show the change under the actors tab on the left, but when I test the game in preview mode some switched images and others didn't. I'm thinking the prototype has something to do with it? Prototype vs Instance has been my biggest issue.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

Comments

• blowfishfruitblowfishfruit Member, PRO Posts: 41

I should add, that these are different images.

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

@Blowfishfruit Add the images you need and select each Prototype (From the Actors tab) and change the images, If it's not looking right go into Scene then layers and double click the actor whoes image did not change and change it in the actors instance

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

Thanks SmokeyAce. I tried your recommendation. Still no change. Shows the new image in layers and on the display screen, but it does not change when I preview the game.

Could you send a print screen of the instance and the prototype of one actor the image isn't changing for?

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

I took snap shots, but I don't see a way to upload those pics on here. Do I have to upload it elsewhere and paste the url?

No just just this Icon:

That's what I thought, but it doesn't give me the option to upload. It says attach image/file, but it wants an image url.

edited April 2014

Hmmm thats odd its not showing for me, just a broken image.

In the instance actor check the image is selected, it doesn't matter if one is showing as the actor if that makes sense. Here:

Yes, it is selected.

Do the new pic links work?

Odd, Try this, Duplicate the actor, so you have a copy of the rules etc, delete the original image and upload yours, delete the original copy of the actor and create new actor and copy the rules from the duplicated actor.

I've done this before and I know how long winded it is, you can just command c and command v, but i recommend literally dragging the rules, it help with learning you can understand the 'Code' a bit more

Thanks Smokey, I'll give this a shot. I appreciate your help.

Anytime Feel free to PM me too :D

I can't copy and paste, I can't even drag the rules.