Bigger than ANY app release?

motorcycle boymotorcycle boy Member Posts: 429
edited April 2014 in Non-GS Game News

Just read a few articles where Richard Donner confirmed a Goonies sequel; he wants all of the original cast in it who are still alive; to my knowledge Sloth and Mama Fratelli aren't with us anymore I believe :(
I didn't get to see the Goonies in the theatres so it would just be awesome to see them all on the big screen. If Richard Donner is involved there might be a chance that the sequel will be watchable at the least and epic at the most. Thoughts?

Comments

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

That would be so cool! I never saw the Goonies in theaters either, would be great to watch

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

"Dark Knight" SuperMan, @dreichelt please go on..

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

• motorcycle boymotorcycle boy Member Posts: 429

Side note, to date Richard Donner is the only one to make a decent Super Man film unless you liked the "Dark Knight" Super Man movie that came out last year.

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    edited April 2014

That sounds amazing. I'd love to see a sequel. That's sad though, I didn't know the actor who played Sloth had passed away.

The thing with making sequels to classics is that the script has to surpass everyone's highest expectations, which is a rare feat. But I think it can be done if the right pieces fall into place. I wonder how they would involve the original actors, like if they're the parents and their kids go off and do something, or if it would feature them. Which reminds me of something completely unrelated to The Goonies.

The thing I've been really wanting to see is Ghostbuster's III. It's been in production 'hell' since GBII in 1989 (the year I was born) due to a few things. One of the biggest reasons recently is that Harold Ramis passed away this year sadly, and the original director left along with his passing (Ivan Reitman). Ramis was a genuis writer: (Caddyshack, National Lampoon's Vacation, Groundhog Day, Analyze This, Animal House). I believe Ramis had already put his writing into the script before his passing. A lot of people just want them to cancel production because if it, but I think to continue the project would be to honor his memory as one of the last things he was working on.

Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis wrote Ghostbusters together I believe, and they had been really wanting a sequel. There's been rumors Bill Murray didn't want anything to do with it not just due to his disappointment of the second movie, but that he wasn't even interested at all because his life is so different now. But other sources I've read say that Murray was quoted as saying it probably would be a lot of fun, and his main motivation in saying no is so that they come up with a better script each time. It's also worth noting though that the director doesn't believe he's even read one of the scripts, so who knows.

Rick Moranis also said he "wouldn't not" do it but the script would have to be really good: "I haven't talked to Danny (Aykroyd) about it. Somebody he's associated with called me and I said, 'I wouldn't not do it, but it's got to be good.' You know, I'm not interested in doing anything I've already done, and I thought the second one was a disappointment." (I thought this was funny) "But I guess I'm interested in where that guy is now. I sort of see him as being Bernie Madoff's cellmate in jail. Both of them being so orderly that they race to get up and make their beds."

I think the plans as of late was for them all to make cameo appearances and sort of pass the baton to new Ghostbusters. One of which was rumored to maybe be Johna Hill, which doesn't seem like the right fit in my opinion. While I could see them going in a Seth Rogan, Johna Hill direction for a younger hipper audience... I think a much greater cast would be Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Jack Black (maybe Will Farrell). Or maybe Will Smith in place of Will Farrell to sort of fill the spot of Ernie Hudson's character Winston.