Amazon Gamecircle help?!

justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226
edited March 2014 in Tech Support

I've searched everywhere and there are no tutorials and the guide on the cookbook is just not clear. What do I have to do to show a leaderboard? I did all the API stuff and created a new leaderboard in Amazon Gamecircle, in my highscore screen in the game I draged a just a white colored actor, and dragged in behavior platform- show leaderboard, typed in the ID from the created leaderboard in Gamecircle. I also dragged in the log in platform behavior there. And finally, I dragged in the post score platform behavior to whenever the user reaches a new highscore. But when i go to my game, nothing shows up... thanks.

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

show leader board behavior should be in a touch rule in a button the user can press so it goes there when you touch the button, the login can be in a actor off screen and it will login automatically or prompt user to login when game starts.

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226

@BBEnk said:
    show leader board behavior should be in a touch rule in a button the user can press so it goes there when you touch the button, the login can be in a actor off screen and it will login automatically or prompt user to login when game starts.

Thanks, does my post score work correctly? And the login behavior should be at the menu screen? or could it be at the same screen as the show leaderboard behavior?

1. I put my login on the menu screen works well that way.
    2. yes they can be on same screen I would just make sure that login is lower in the layers so it happens first but not really a big deal.
    3. high score behavior is fine in the score actor but I would put it in a rule that says post high-score if current score is higher then old high-score and your going to need and track your old high-score so you can compare. basically when ever you beat high-score you need to save that number and load it each time game starts so your game rule will know its beaten and post. also I would have a second condition on high-score posting that it only post if high-score is beat and game is over, otherwise it will post a new high-score once old score is beaten even if game continues I would think.

Thanks man, everything seems to be working. But is it that when a user posts a score he/she will have to log in/ create an account? And does the platform behaviors drop the framerates of the game??

it might drop frame rate on a slow device but otherwise I've not noticed anything, and if they are not logged in it will log them in as guest so no worry.

@BBEnk said:
    it might drop frame rate on a slow device but otherwise I've not noticed anything, and if they are not logged in it will log them in as guest so no worry.

Cheers, one last question. Does it take like at least 10 seconds to load when you press the button that triggers platform show leaderboard?

not really it's pretty quick I just checked it took about 3 seconds, but I guess that depends on your connection too.

Alright cheers :smile: