age !!!!!

i was about to submit my app to iPhone but had to contact them because of a small name problem then they turn round and say were closing your account because your underage. That so annoying.

Comments

• mrcameron999mrcameron999 Member Posts: 182

• mrcameron999mrcameron999 Member Posts: 182

Just made a new one but with other details

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Apple's App Store Terms and Conditions (for the U.S.) state:

These App and Book Services are only available for individuals aged 13 years or older, unless you are under 13 years old and your Apple ID was provided to you as a result of a request by an approved educational institution. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.

So I'm not sure why they would reject you.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Don't know why 13 is a barrier. 13 is not an adult....neither is 16 or 17....IMO if an 8 year old knew how to build an app and passed ALL of the app review guidelines it should be a go. For that matter he could just ask his parents or gaurdian to make the account...or allowed a transfer to an adult.

• Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85

@uptimistik said:
    lol sorry buddy, but keep at it though. you don't need to put your game on the store, the arcade is fine. just keep getting more and more experiencing completing games.

What is the point of submitting your games to the Community Arcade section if not one single person will play it? I call it a waste of time... Sorry, I don't mean to rain down on your hopes but that's the truth with this site. There are too many "bad" games that cover up the "good" games, that way no usually plays them... :( Anyways, good luck. Please don't let my comment stop you. Dream big and accomplish your goals. :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Age is a barrier because of legal issues related to minors. Entering into legal agreements with minors is much different legally than entering into them with legal adults. Don't blame apple blame the lawyer who sue and make companies protect themselves by making such rules. Think of how Mcdonalds had to put text on their coffee cups that read "warning hot coffee" why because some lady spilt the coffee on her lap and sued and won. This is why the world is why it is.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

13 is there barrier people use because that's the barrier the federal law sets.

For example anyone under 13 is not allowed to use the forums because if these laws. There are exceptions and exemptions that can be made with parental permissions and such according to those laws but generally 13 is the age most companies will not work with you on anything.

Generally with apple anyone under 18 has to have their parents signup and pay for the account so apple has someone on the account they can hold accountable for any agreements there made.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

My suggestion would be stilts and a fake moustache ?

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@Socks said:
    My suggestion would be stilts and a fake moustache ?

Don't forget the long coat.

And a tall hat.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85

Maybe you could try using Tizen? I'm not sure what the age requirements are though for that service. Don't get too excited because I'm guessing the age restrictions are the same with iTunes, Google Play, etc. However, it could never hurt to read the "Terms and Conditions" for Tizen, yes I know they are very boring to read, but I think you should try it. It will help you immensely. I promise.

@Shadow_Development said:
    It will help you immensely. I promise.

Actually it all depends on your understanding with 'business talk'.

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603

13 and above is fine... what's the issue?

• Thomas