Music/Sound Doesn't Play When I Pause The Game Then Un-pause It.

Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85
Hello GameSalad community. I am having an issue where when I pause the game, the music stops playing(Which is normal) but when I un-pause the game the music doesn't resume playing when I expect it to. In simpler forms: Playing game(Music plays)>Pause game>unpuase game(Music doesn't play). Is there a way to fix this?

My Attributes:

Background Image(Actor): Play sound: (Music) (File Type: WAV.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Continue Button" on Pause Scene: Touch is pressed

- Un-pause the game
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried grouping the attributes as well but nothing has changed. I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you.

Best Answers

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Posts: 970
    Accepted Answer
    It is pausing the game music automatically from Pause Game behavior? I could have sworn the music keeps playing even in the pause menu.
    Accepted Answer
    So you are having it Pause Music when Pause is pressed? Then you just need to resume music when it comes back. In your button to Resume place the Play Music behavior and select the option to resume the current track.
    Accepted Answer
    So you are using it as a Sound rather than Music? Then just do the same thing with the Play Sound behavior. Although you will just have to have it select your music whatever it is and just loop it again.

Answers

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Are you having it pause the music when you click the pause button in code?
  • Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85
    No, not in code.
  • Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85
    Oh wait, I thought you meant code as in numbers. No it is pausing when I press the key "p". The music plays when I press "p" to pause the game, when the game is paused the music stops playing. I then unpause the game and the music isn't continuing to play when it should be.
    edited March 2014
    Exactly, I have did what you said but nothing is happening. Is it becuase my imported music is a sound type? If so how do I change a sound file to a music file in GameSalad so it can work? :-/ Thanks.