How to make it so actors won't overlap other actors when spawned?

justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226
I have 4 types of actors that are spawned at random times constantly. However those actors come in different sizes, some bigger and some smaller... so I'm not sure how tables can come into this, do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited March 2014
    There are quite a few endless runner and Flappy Bird tutorials related to that if you Google them or search the forums. Other than that, my demo might be helpful: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/383521/#Comment_383521.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226
    There are quite a few endless runner and Flappy Bird tutorials related to that if you Google them or search the forums. Other than that, my demo might be helpful: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/383521/#Comment_383521.
    Thanks, but my actors won't collide even if they are different sizes?
    edited March 2014
    I have no idea what that means. You'll need to explain how your game works, what exactly you're trying to do (what it would look like if it was working properly), what you've already tried -- rules or screenshots are helpful, etc.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

I have no idea what that means. You'll need to explain how your game works, what exactly you're trying to do (what it would look like if it was working properly), what you've already tried -- rules or screenshots are helpful, etc.
    I have 4 types of actors, spawning at random times from the top in a random x location, once spawned they move down, in which the user has to then tap and destroy. each actor come in different sizes, so sometimes when the actors fall, they overlap with each other, and when i tap once, they both get destroyed... so I thought the table thing might not work...
    Okay, that gives me a better idea of what you're trying to do. What you might need to do is use a custom timer that changes based on the size (height) of the spawned actor. If you provide a screenshot or sketch of your game, I can probably make you a demo.

This is an example for one spawner. at a random time between 2-6 or something, it will spawn an actor at a random x position, between 20 and 300 or something. when the score gets higher, it will trigger other spawners with the same behaviors that will spawn the other types of actors

I should have been more specific... I meant a sketch or screenshot of the gameplay. The rules you posted don't really tell the whole story of why you're getting overlapping actors. I assume you have multiple spawners and that's the cause of the problem. Sorry I couldn't help more. Maybe someone else can.