High score saving not working..

justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226
edited March 2014 in Tech Support
Im using the save and load attributes, when the actor collides with the walls 3 times, it will change scene to the 'end game scene' , at the end game scene it displays the score and highscore. Over there it changes the highscore when score is higher than it, and then it saves the highscore attribute. i added the load attribute at the menu screen, but when i test it on my phone, it doesn't work... any ideas guys?

By the way, the menu doesn't display the highscore, only the highscore screen and the end game screen. the load attribute is in the menu screen, could that be the problem?

Comments

• justinodunnjustinodunn Member, PRO Posts: 226
    it doesn't save when i quit the game and open it again...
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    It's hard to know what the problem is without seeing your code. Post a picture of your rules.
    and also just telling when the user exits the end screen menu where the scores are displayed, it changes scene to menu and at the same time sets the score back to zero
    imageimage

The score displayed in the end game screen and the load attribute in the menu screen.
    again, in the end screen where the high score and score is displayed, you can either retry or end game.. both buttons will trigger a change behavior of the score back to 0... is that the problem?
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    I had some problems with loading and saving attributes also. Don't know if it still exists, but i did it with the following solution somewhere found on the forum:

"Do not copy paste these behaviours, but create theme as new behaviours. "

1) I copied the behaviours and that didn't seems to work.
    2) I Created the behaviours as new and that fixed the load/save attributes.

Cheers
    Hey thanks for the reply but it still doesn't work :(
    Wait scratch that, IT WORKS!!! FINALLY! Just when I was about to loose all hope... Thanks! :D