Problems with binary

hipdeejayhipdeejay Member Posts: 7
Ok so my app is finished (I've published other apps without gamesalad so I know what I'm doing btw) but for some reason I cannot get a working binary file from gamesalad. I've done all the steps and filled everything out. It's generated and signed but when I try to download it I get either a zip file or a .app file but it has an icon of a circle with a line through it. And it won't open in xcode for some reason

What am I doing wrong? I can't upload with application uploader either because it's not finding/recognizing my app. This is my first app with gamesalad and so far it's been really complicated during the upload process. Everything's already ready to go on itunes connect I just can't get my binary for some reason. Any ideas?

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Hi @hipdeejay I'm not sure why you are wanting to open a binary, and in Xcode... providing you're ready to upload to Apple, compress the binary (zip it) and then Application Loader will see it.

Providing everything in the publishing process is was correct, it should be good to go if you've set up in iTunes Connect ready to accept the binary.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• hipdeejayhipdeejay Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the fast reply. Ok I see what you mean, I'm just used to working with xcode so I guess we don't need that. But still application loader doesn't see my file even after I zip it like you said. It just says:

"no eligible applications were found.
    to add an application with application loader you must first log in with itunes connect, etc ,etc"

But I'm already logged in and it's not working. What do I do?
  • hipdeejayhipdeejay Member Posts: 7
    Ok I feel dumb now, I figured it out. I just had to select "upload binary" in itunes connect and now application loader found my app. I was thinking it would be more complicated than this like it normally is.

Does gamesalad resize the app icons automatically? Normally in xcode we have to upload several different sizes of app icons in the bundle itself for different devices but I noticed this way we didn't do that at all. I hope I didn't mess up
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2014

@hipdeejay‌

No need to feel dumb, you made educated guesses; it's all a learning process, isn't it! Glad you've sorted it and understand now... and yes, the large-size icon is used and automatically resized for you for the different places.

Fingers crossed it all goes through smoothly for you; best of luck with your app. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps