Help!!! ACTORS JUMPING

expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi everyone,

so i have a quick question. The actors in my game, when jumping, increase in height after every jump. After like 10 seconds they jump so high that they go off the screen and never come back down. How do I make it so that they always jump at the same height level? THANKS!

Comments

• RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    How are you making them jump?
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Using gravity to pull them down and then there's a solid platform on the bottom where if the actors collide with it the actor bounces
    Anyone know the issue?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I would assume that would be restitution(on either of the actors involved in the collision) that is making them bounce up more and more. That attribute is in the Physics section of the actor attributes.
    I put the restitution as 1 so it starts off jumping pretty low but then gets higher and higher. Does the restitution have to be the same for both the solid platform and the actor colliding with it? Thanks
  • stocks109stocks109 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, what's the resolution to this question? I have a character that auto-jumps and I want to make sure that doesn't continually bounce higher and higher with each successive jump.

What I'm really looking for is a way to set Restitution per object and for it not be additive.

Any ideas?
  • stocks109stocks109 Member Posts: 5
    Heh, I figured it out.

The resolution is actually pretty easy. Just set up a rule for the object that says If Player overlaps or collides with object then Collide with Player and Contrain Restitution to 1.

Easy peasy.