profile does not match certificate in keychain (Help)

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Well, I've searched the forum and have not the exact problem I am having.
When I double click on the downloaded provisional profile Xcode tells me:

"A valid identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain."

Anyone have the same problems and perhaps a clue as to what I am missing? Thanks!

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Did you create a cert in your keychain and when in iTunes connect when you set up prov profile did you download the profile from there
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Thanks Chaser.
    - Created a keychain certificate
    - Got the provisional profile through Apple dev center. Nothing I have read said to get it through iTunes.

I have read through other posts and know that setting this up is kind of a hassle. Has ANYONE else have a problem with their KEYCHAIN CERT???? I am working with apple support support but it's taking a while.

Much thanks guys!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    itunes connnect is for managing your content once IN the app store
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    have you added your certificates to your keychain?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Are you trying to publish a game or get the viewer to work?

When you created your provisioning profile, you first created an App Id, then you went into provisioning profiles to create one right?

Then you double click on the provisioning profile once it's been downloaded to make sure it's installed.

If you're trying to upload the GS viewer:

Go into info.playlist under the resources folder and make sure your bundle identifier matches the com.xxx.xxx in your provisioning profile

Also right click on the blue icon in the top left corner, select get info (it should say Gamesalad viewer), and select "build" from the top tab, and type in code signing and make sure that you select the provisioning profile under the iphone device column

OR

If you're trying to publish a game, the only way it won't show up is if you didn't follow the steps

Create App ID

Go under provisioning profile and create a certificate for "distribution"

Double click on the certificate once it's created and make sure it's installed, then close gamesalad and go back into it and it should appear
    Thanks.
    I am trying for the GS viewer. I've following tshirtbooth's video, as well the steps posted on the dev site. I create the certificate and get all the way to downloading and double clicking the provisional profile. Then when xcode launches I get a yellow bar in the xcode window saying:
    "A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain."

Been emailing apple tech help but it takes a while, and so far they have asked the usual "what type of machine, what OS, etc"

I appreciate the help!
    Interesting

Double click on that provisioning profile, then when it pops up, try deleting it alltogether under provisioning profiles in xcode

Then go back into the program portal, create a new app id, create a new provisioning profile, and try installing that one and see what happens

Also, are you using a 2nd computer, or is this your first attempt at installing the viewer?
    First attempt installing.

Yeah, I have four app IDs and have deleted what I could(certs, profiles,etc) and retried. I dumped history and cache and restarted my laptop. One clue maybe is that when I very first started I had different emails between the cert generated and email on the appl dev acct. I have since fixed that but still no luck.
    How strange? Could be something with the keychain password or something...? Maybe you'd need to start over from scratch with the certificates but you probably can't, wish I could help!
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. I am in talks with the apple folks but nothing yet. Thanks again!