Get and export data from Gamesalad

Hello to all!

I am developing a game for children. It is possible the game to load data and export data to a database?

Thank you.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Yes, it's possible. It requires multiplayer behaviors which in turn require a Pro membership with GameSalad. The functionality that allows sending and receiving data from a web server is brand new and still in testing mode but it is available now to Pro members.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    Or if you can't wait until until that's released, there is a work around using your URL behaviour (a pro feature) discussion link below...

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63198/using-the-open-url-to-export-data-from-the-game
  • Yes, it's possible. It requires multiplayer behaviors which in turn require a Pro membership with GameSalad. The functionality that allows sending and receiving data from a web server is brand new and still in testing mode but it is available now to Pro members.
    As I said earlier, I am developing a game for children and will be my final project of my degree.

I'm thinking about buying the GameSalad Pro, but first I wanted to know if the application will be able to do the following:
    - Having text boxes for login (username and password);
    - Lets do data validation in text boxes?
    - Save and read data in the database locally and on the server;
    - Allows you to detect if there is an internet connection and according that to save the data locally or on the server?
    - GameSalad lets you develop custom code?

Sorry for my bad English! :)

greetings,
    Luís Pereira
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2014
    Your English is quite good!
    I'm thinking about buying the GameSalad Pro, but first I wanted to know if the application will be able to do the following:
    - Having text boxes for login (username and password);
    - Lets do data validation in text boxes?
    - Save and read data in the database locally and on the server;
    Yes, GameSalad can do this. See my comment at the end of this post.
    Allows you to detect if there is an internet connection and according that to save the data locally or on the server
    I would say no but actually this might be possible with the Network Connect behavior. I haven't tried it without an Internet connection.
    - GameSalad lets you develop custom code?
    I'm not sure what you mean by custom code. You can't script in GameSalad, if that's what you mean, although with the external server support I suppose it's possible in a way as long as you're just manipulating table data and not anything else in the project file.

You have to realize that most of what you're asking about have just been added to GameSalad in the past week or two. If your plan is to make an app quickly or if you have a deadline fast approaching, you may want to think about a different type of app that doesn't require external server features. Or maybe you're a PHP/Javascript god with general programming skills who can learn to use a tool like GameSalad quickly... I have no idea!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User