Saving Help

SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, I am almost finished with my game and it (of course) ends up giving players a high score for their achievements. I can save the high score within the app so that when the user goes to the menu and then goes back to high scores it will still be there but if they exit the app all saved data disappears! This is a major part of my app so please give me beginners instructions on how to save when app is quit and bring info back up when it is opened again. Thanks to any help!

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Make sure you create an attribute for the save, and name it "highscore"

Then when you want to save a high score or something, when the level is over, make sure you put in "save attribute" key: highscore (make sure the spelling for the key is the exact same as the attribute, upper, lowercase etc, you could keep it all in caps to make it easier.

Then wherever you want to load the attribute, wether it's the menu, title screen, score screen, use load attribute with the same key: highscore

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    Do you have a load attribute anywhere in your game? Without the load attribute, the game wont load saved data.
  • SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    Im putting a load attribute rule for my high scores button but the high scores will still not show up when the app is exited and re entered. The saving keys match but the scores are reset to 0.
  • SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    I got it! I was naming it wrong :/ thanks!
  • crapscraps Member Posts: 353
    I see how to save a high score (through videos and tutorials) but were do I put that rule?
    I have got the bestBankRoll to save and be displayed in the text actor as shown below.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I then made a save attribute and a key.

In the first (splash screen I put the load attribute actor.

The game.bestBankRoll shows up in the display text but the load attribute does not work on the phone.

Help
    Edited Post.