Apple Mandate > Feb 1 Apps must be built with Xcode5 etc...

PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
@ SaladStraightShooter. I received another reminder from Apple Developer today: "Make sure your apps work seamlessly with the innovative technologies in iOS 7. Starting February 1, new apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 5 and iOS 7 SDK."

I'm assuming that because we don't actually use Xcode 5 and iOS 7 SDK to build our apps that this is all taken care of on the backend of GS?

Do I need to update Xcode 5 and iOS 7 SDK on my Mac anyway?

The Apps I have live in the App Store were updated in Dec with GS 0.10.4.1.

Thanks.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Ahhh... You mentioned SSS...

Make sure you have the latest Xcode installed and that you have the latest version of GameSalad installed (the stable build, not the nightly). All you need to do is publish through gamesalad like you normally would. Nothing too complicated.
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    @Braydon_SFX

Thanks for the prompt reply. That puts my mind at rest.

I see your plug for your tutorials beneath your comment, which reminded me that I have been meaning to commend you for all the wonderful tutorials you have created and generously made free. I saw your updated list of Jan 4 and think it is great. I have been studying your videos, and those of your like-minded colleagues, for the past 2 years and owe everything I have learnt about GS to you guys.

I'll acknowledge them all in a separate post… after I make a list of everyone who is so sharing and supportive. I don't comment or post very often, nevertheless I am truly pleased to be part of this community.

Q. 'Ahhh... You mentioned SSS…' , sorry I don't get it? Is that taboo?
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    No, just that SSS doesn't work for GS anymore.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    @Braydon_SFX

Thanks for the prompt reply. That puts my mind at rest.

I see your plug for your tutorials beneath your comment, which reminded me that I have been meaning to commend you for all the wonderful tutorials you have created and generously made free. I saw your updated list of Jan 4 and think it is great. I have been studying your videos, and those of your like-minded colleagues, for the past 2 years and owe everything I have learnt about GS to you guys.

I'll acknowledge them all in a separate post… after I make a list of everyone who is so sharing and supportive. I don't comment or post very often, nevertheless I am truly pleased to be part of this community.

Q. 'Ahhh... You mentioned SSS…' , sorry I don't get it? Is that taboo?

Haha. No worries man. We all learn from each other and that's the point. I'm glad you've found my little tutorials meaningful.