No sound working on Gamesalad apps jan 13th '13

QuiziCatQuiziCat Member Posts: 12
Using my iphone4 and iPad both on iOS 7.0.4 I find that today (jan13) all apps bought from app store and built on Gamesalad have no sound - Woolizoo - Ocean Rescue DID have sound until today. Loopy loses his Lettuce - no sound. Grammar Pop- just downloaded - no sound. Is anyone else having this prob. - or is it just me?? Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• QuiziCatQuiziCat Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    -even Grisly Manor isn't playing sound now - all other apps that are NOT game salad are playing perfectly - and yes, I do have the sound turned up on all devices.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

@QuiziCat

Woah, that's sounding serious. Sorry, can't shed any light, just had to comment tho'... interested to hear any forthcoming explanations (as I'm certain you are).

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Thanks for that info - but still weird - or even Grisly- that all other apps work and the few I know to be connected to Gamesalad don't - would someone with an iPhone or iPad check this on your device please - thanks
    Thanks for that info - obviously my prob.. double checked iPhone and iPad by some really odd co-incidence - the Ringer switch was off on both. Interesting that when it's off Grisly (tho not GS) Woolizoo etc won't play sound..but all the other apps I have along with YouTube and Music play fine..REALLY sorry to have bothered you on this one - but it has unearthed an interesting fact about sound on apple devices.. as Einstein said "if u don't make mistakes you don't learn"-or something like that….Just looked at Epic Linkage on YouTube(with sound) WOW now that is epic.. great work .. me I'm still at the jigsaw stage.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • ourhouseourhouse Member Posts: 31

Hi @QuiziCat‌ -- Though this is an older post, you helped me a lot. I'm working on an update to one of my apps and like you had no sound on iPad. The volume was up, I had sound with other apps like YouTube and music. But even my YouTube vid link launched from within my GS app had no sound. I was baffled. Until I ran across your post. Indeed, my ringer switch was off. Problem solved. Just goes to show there are no dumb questions (or at least there are likely others having the same issues you are)!

Thanks for your original post!