can anyone tell me

hey i m new here can anyone tell me what is game template
if i purchase game template than the game is only mine i will get all the rights
and i can sell the game to any store with my name
i also want to know that the same game template will remove from the market or guy will sell same game template to other people ?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2014
    The only way to know for sure is to ask the person who sells you the template.

But it's generally safe to assume that you have the right to modify and re-sell the game. Often, the artwork and sounds are not included so you must replace them with your own.

No, someone is not going to remove the template from the market after they sell a single copy of it. Really?! When I make a template, it can take 10 hours or more of my time. At $30 per hour that's $300 I've invested in the template. If I sell the template ONCE for $25, how will I ever make any money?

So while it might seem unfair to you that someone else can also buy the same template and publish a game using it, it's just the way things are. Plan on making the best possible version of that game and you won't have any problems!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2014
    I think what he was assuming is that a template is a full game...and its NOT....most of the time and when it is...chances are you are not going to be allowed to used the graphics...(images) as they are usually watermarked. They will/should soecify if you are allowed to use the graphics as you wish...and yes I coukd buy they same template and do the same thing...but keep in mind a template is just that...a starting point for you to expand on. I also agree theres no way a template designer should be required to remive it drom the marketplace. 5 people coukd buy the template and develop 5 completely different games from it.

Also...if you buy a template and then try to sell it for even a penny...you should be tied to an angry bird and flung a great deal head first into a pig. Hehehe