Downgrading GameSalad

dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Is there any easy way to downgrade GameSalad? I don't want to upgrade my ipod to 3.1.3 just to use the GS Viewer.

Comments

• castmembercastmember Member Posts: 64
    Ur going to have to upgrade to continue with app dev anyway. U might as well do it now
  • fuzzeemicfuzzeemic Member Posts: 47
    No you don't need 3.1.3 on your ipod. I'm using 3.0 on my iphone with no issue.

In xcode you can choose which version to build for.
    From memory it was set to 3.0 (Base SDK)
    I'm not in front of it now, but look at the project properties if your stuck and change the build version to 3.0.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    fuzzeemic said:
    No you don't need 3.1.3 on your ipod. I'm using 3.0 on my iphone with no issue.

In xcode you can choose which version to build for.
    From memory it was set to 3.0 (Base SDK)
    I'm not in front of it now, but look at the project properties if your stuck and change the build version to 3.0.

I tried that but the GS Viewer application wouldn't launch on my ipod.
    iPod Specs: 2nd generation, jailbroken (reason for not wanting to update. I'm aware of the new Spirit jailbreak), running firmware 3.1.2, Model is MB528LL
  • castmembercastmember Member Posts: 64
    what i mean't is sooner or later, Apple will probaly ask you to upgrade to continue development. Overall, its just alot easier if u upgrade
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    I know. Its just that with a jailbroken ipod, I dread the thought of updating. I will have to eventually, but if I have another option, I would rather put that date in the far future.