From FREE to PRO

jaimesjaimes Member Posts: 1
Dear fellow GameSalad eaters,

I am using the FREE version at the moment, and some of my apps already have game center included. (of course they don't work now), if i were to upgrade to PRO version, do I need to regenerate the apps and republish??? or will it be automatically activated??

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!

Comments

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    if there on the appstore already and you just buy pro, then yes you will have to update your app for them to work once you have gamesalad pro
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Surely Game Center isn't turned off in a game on the App Store when you're account switches to a free one?! I get that the app can contact the GameSalad servers to check but that'll just break games.
  • StarkincStarkinc Member Posts: 1
    How about if I update the game in game salad server, do i still need to download, sign and reupload to iTunes? or will it be sync??

To further clarify the above: when i play a game (for example, angry bird) they often "connect to server". How do it do this, so that the gamers do not need to update the game. (of cos if there are too many updates, i have to republish the game)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Your pro status only matters when you're publishing. Once a game is compiled it contains the code for the pro features used. Gamesalad doesn't connect to your games once published. Angry birds are hard coded and they can do many things you can't do via a logic based code engine like GS. You have to update your games via publishing and submitting a new version.