Saving a project removes all images and sounds! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
edited December 2013 in Tech Support
So I just did some updates to my project and when either saving it as a new project name or replacing the previous project, once saved all images and sounds are missing! All the code is still there but nothing else. I tried different things as well. I tried just saving the project and saving with a new name with doing nothing to the project, I deleted GS creator and re-downloaded it. Still the same issue occurs. I am running OS X Mavericks 10.9 and GS Creator 0.10.4.1 THIS IS A BIG ISSUE as I can't continue on with updating my project.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Where are you saving the project file? Is it on a hard drive, a networked drive, or in the cloud (e.g. Dropbox)?

I'm moving this to Tech Support.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited December 2013

@KillerPenguinStudios Possibly - and this is a guess although I've got a vague memory of something similar happened to me a while back and I realised this was the problem: the disappearing images and sounds "trick" might have something to do with opening the game file by double-clicking it and it opens in a lower version of GSC, then it's subsequently opened via Open in the latest version. Might be.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    Where are you saving the project file? Is it on a hard drive, a networked drive, or in the cloud (e.g. Dropbox)?

I'm moving this to Tech Support.
    @tatiang I am saving them to my desktop in a folder where I have always saved them.

@KillerPenguinStudios Possibly - and this is a guess although I've got a vague memory of something similar happened to me a while back and I realised this was the problem: the disappearing images and sounds "trick" might have something to do with opening the game file by double-clicking it and it opens in a lower version of GSC, then it's subsequently opened via Open in the latest version. Might be.
    @gyroscope I think I understand what you are saying but when I open the file, I right click on it to make sure GSC 0.10.4.1 is the one opening it and also 0.10.4.1 is set to default.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Sounds like you need to contact GameSalad and submit a help ticket.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• villewantedvillewanted Member, PRO Posts: 66
    I can confirm I have had the same problem. I saved a new copy of my project on the documents folder and all the images and sounds dissapeared
    Sounds like you need to contact GameSalad and submit a help ticket.
    Will do that as well @tatiang! I also tried saving right to the desktop, not in a folder and same thing.

I can confirm I have had the same problem. I saved a new copy of my project on the documents folder and all the images and sounds dissapeared
    Just recently @villewanted?
    I still have yet to receive a response in regards to this issue I am having. @CodeWizard, I also sent in a support ticket and got an email on Tuesday saying that my request #1695 has been received and is being reviewed by the support staff but still have yet to hear anything back. Where should I go from here??? Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks,
    Killer Penguin Studios