State of GameSalad 12-11-2013

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

Sorry for the late post. Being out of town on business makes getting to the forums a bit more difficult.

Not a whole lot to report this week, folks. We're still head's down working on stabilizing the nightly builds, testing save changes on Windows Creator, and whatnot as shown on the roadmap. No major changes. Just grinding away!

@BlackCloakGS and I are up in Seattle this week talking to a GameSalad-using UI design firm. We'll have more to report on this soon.

Thanks!

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @BlackCloakGS and I are up in Seattle this week talking to a GameSalad-using UI design firm.
    Great news !

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2013
    Mmm, the last sentence is quite interesting - keep up the good work.
    - Thomas

P.S. Post this late again, and you run the risk of being through in @Chakku's dungeons with nothing but an oddly shaped spoon and a shoe. :P
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Any chance you could give another birds-eye view of what each dev is working on at the moment @CodeWizard? That was good to know last time. :)
    - Thomas
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Sounds good - would love to put something in to that discussion - as I am sure a lot of others would.

Personal UI issue at the moment - expressions that are so long you have drag them left and right to use them. I almost feel like the .. could be replaced with a new line perhaps - that way we could see our expressions that are linked with .. in full.

1 idea of 1001 - anyway - back to game dev and this sounds promising :) M@
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Hey everyone!
    I was thinking there should be a way to stretch just a layer or just an actor. Maybe a rule or maybe just an attribute?
    I just say so because using stretch looks wierd on my game and it would be nice to just stretch a layer. Like just being able to stretch a layer with the backround elements. Or have an a rule that says to stretch the individual actors.
    Maybe this is already in the works I just saw the one option in the nightly builds.
    Thanks

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @blue_elephant from memory uptimistik had a video on GShelper about resizing actors depending on the platform with scene rules ie actors appear bigger on iPad as opposed to iPhone. It is worth checking it out ... ;-)
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    @blue_elephant from memory uptimistik had a video on GShelper about resizing actors depending on the platform with scene rules ie actors appear bigger on iPad as opposed to iPhone. It is worth checking it out ... ;-)
    I know how to resize actors. I did it with Bunny Hop. I just want to stretch the backround of my game so it fills the whole screen and it would make UB much faster than resizing every actor.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

Sorry for the late post. Being out of town on business makes getting to the forums a bit more difficult.

Not a whole lot to report this week, folks. We're still head's down working on stabilizing the nightly builds, testing save changes on Windows Creator, and whatnot as shown on the roadmap. No major changes. Just grinding away!

@BlackCloakGS and I are up in Seattle this week talking to a GameSalad-using UI design firm. We'll have more to report on this soon.

Thanks!
    Does this mean they will be assisting in helping you add new UI features? like current actors x/y coordinates at the bottom of the UI. or current selected items current info like x/y current size etc etc. More font options? Grids? and the 100 others things that would assist users to speed up development time? Is that what this UI firm is for?