Publishing server maintenance

GSdustinGSdustin Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 16
edited December 2013 in Tech Support
Hello everyone,

Today/tonight I will be doing maintenance on the publishing servers to make them more reliable. You may notice intermittent issues with publishing while this is going on. We are seeing an increased level of traffic to these servers that is likely being caused by the holiday season.

I ask that you please bear with us as we work to get this under further control. Thank you so much for your understanding, and please feel free to ping me with questions or to report abnormal issues when publishing.

Once I have completed maintenance I will update this post.

Comments

• GSdustinGSdustin Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 16
    Team,

I've added more compute power to the publishing servers, so we should be seeing more reliability :-B

Again, please do not hesitate to PM me in the event that you're still having publishing issues. Thanks again!
  • RubiWorksRubiWorks Member Posts: 130
    I enter every days by if i see anything of news in async multiplayer. Any date or spoiler? :D
    And good works!! ;)
  • gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I can not update the apk for android because it displays a server error. I created a new position in portfolio but the two hours it takes to generate the file. How long does it take?
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @gajaklukasz I had the same problem with an IOS app while creating an Ad Hoc ... It got stuck in generating so I created a new app entry on the web portal then repackaged the app and all worked as expected after that I deleted the app which was stuck on generating. Worth a try ... ;-)
  • gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110
    :(( Still not working. I guess I have to wait for them to finish work on the servers.
  • dimps620dimps620 Member Posts: 49
    I had problems last night but tried it again this morning and was able to publish an update to my iOS app.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I built apks/win8 and mac builds last night off and on without any real issues.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Just published an ad hoc ios build and all seems fine.
  • TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
    Doesn't work for me..
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2013
    Updates aren't working for me at this time. 1:27 pm Pacific Standard time. Was able to upload but could not update my project. Received a broken link message on several attempts.
    if you hit back it might work, i had to do that a few times last night.
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    Thanks jonmulcahy. Back button did not work for me, but when I accessed my portfolio through the tab at the bottom R of GS creator, I did notice that the project had been updated. Unfortunately when I tried to generate an APK, I received a message that the server was undergoing maintenance, and to try again later.
  • wsuhoopswsuhoops Member Posts: 28
    same, can't do anything.
  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    ahhh...just saw this post...now I know why....Im going into publish withdrawals...lol
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    I am guessing there is a reason but why not wait to do this when the App Store is down for the holidays? This time of year a day might be the difference in getting an update or game approved before the shut down.
  • alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291
    I'm sitting and waiting when the maintenance will be finished. can't generate apk. Timezone +6 hours
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    I am guessing there is a reason but why not wait to do this when the App Store is down for the holidays? This time of year a day might be the difference in getting an update or game approved before the shut down.
    I agree not good timing ...

I just got an IOS app packaged after 3 failed attempts. It's pot luck depends if you get a server that is undergoing maintenance or not ... I had the same issue yesterday ... ;-)
  • JungrilaJungrila Member, PRO Posts: 46
    I can't publish iOS app package at all from yesterday.

Sometimes I can access the publishing screen, but the Generate button is not activated.
    and sometimes, I can't even access it, instead the error message is displayed as below.

"Oh noes!
    We have a problem,
    and beg for your indulgence;
    forgive our error. " ^#(^
  • JamesLewisJamesLewis Member, PRO Posts: 109
    Yup - not working. Struggled to upload. Generate button greyed out. So created new project. But still waiting for generation - an hour later...

Looking forward to all working soon. I also have an app I'd like to have approved pre-Xmas shut down...

Fingers crossed...
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    Team,

I've added more compute power to the publishing servers, so we should be seeing more reliability :-B

Again, please do not hesitate to PM me in the event that you're still having publishing issues. Thanks again!
    You might want to PM GSdustin about this so he know sooner rather than later about this

• GSdustinGSdustin Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 16
    edited December 2013
    This maintenance was absolutely critical to keep the servers as stable as possible and could not have waited. If we would have waited there would be a downtime of 100%. I'm still seeing a large amount of usage on the servers but everything at this time is still online and working as expected.

If you are still having problems I would encourage that you either PM me as advised so I may look into your issue directly, or submit a traditional support request at the following link so we can ensure your case is looked at:
    http://gamesalad.com/support

I apologize about the issues as of late but we will soon be releasing a network status page for everyone to eliminate confusion about the status of all services.
  • kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    server is down,Again /___\
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    Not working for me either
  • JamesLewisJamesLewis Member, PRO Posts: 109
    Ok, got it working.

BUT, I have had to create a new application submission each time - updating an existing one wouldn't work - the generate button was always greyed out.

Anyway, I've submitted to Apple, so fingers crossed.
  • alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291
    could you please inform it before although one week before. that you'll be making maintenance(((
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,135
    Hiya. There's a trick you can use for app generation. If the button is stuck on grey, you can right click on the button and "Open in a new Tab".

This will queue another generation cycle. Please don't abuse this trick, as it will just put more stuff in the queue and make the problem worse!

To help expedite things and help us pinpoint the problem, please PM me with the link to your game's publishing portfolio page if you are having problems with stuck Generating. If you don't hear back from me, rest assured that I am working on the problem and I'll try to get back to you. If I get overwhelmed, I'll come back to this thread and ask you to start putting in real support tickets.

Sorry for the inconvenience, especially around this time of year. We'll be doing everything we can to make it better.
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited December 2013
    @adent42 I can't publish either the button is greyed out and it has been like that for a doy or so. I sent you a message about it.

EDIT: It is working now
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    It's been all good for my iOS iPhone builds thanks - nice and fast cheers :) M@