New Apple Dev Account?

Marc_n_SophMarc_n_Soph Member Posts: 111
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi iv posted a a couple of times moaning about the fact that I cant publish. I get Cocoa error 12 EVERY time... Tried everything I can think of / find on forums, and all I can think is I messed up when I created my apple dev account. I changed my app id after a couple of days. This is all I can think is messin up the publishing!

So, very long and boring story short, If I buy another iphone dev account, can I use it with this gamesalad account? Or will GS be tied in some way to my original apple stuff?

Hope this makes sense, really want to get this sorted now, PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks for readin!!

Marc (and very p'd off soph)

Comments

• Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Have you tried making a new account (user) on your mac and working fresh from there. Have you managed to install the GS viewer on your device? Can you do a simple project build to device from xcode? In other words have you ever put any app of your own making on your device?
  • Marc_n_SophMarc_n_Soph Member Posts: 111
    Thanks TSB. I might try formatting then. Really appreciate your help, dont know how u make all your games, video tutorials etc, and yet STILL find the time to help people like me out!!
    Thanks loads. The very first thing I ever saw about gamesalad was one of your video tutorials, got me well excited bout it all. And here you are replyin to me!! hehe

Thanks again

Marc (and slightly more optimis err optomis... ummm even more happierer soph)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Thats a bit radical, you probably just need to get a new certificate and profile set up.
    Rob2
    I have had a couple of builds on my ipod using the GS viewer, but I get the "cocoa error 12" message when I try and publish a standalone app. Totally trawled the forums, doin me head in now.

I will try another user acc on mac, then re-format if that fails. I have gone through the cert and profile shennaniganarians about 20 times, so I dont think its that. Sum1 suggested it may be a logic error, but I have tried to publish the cannon physics tutorial to standalone app and got error 12 again!!
    Thanks for readin and replyin, seriously, really appreciate it. Wasted SO much time on this error!!!

Thanks again

Marc
    Umm.... ok. Who's an idiot? mmMMMEEEEEeeee!!!

Im new to mac. I realised I wasnt running snow leopard, bought it, and it took all my troubles away. Published first time. Thanks all for help, sorry I wasted your time!!!!

Marc
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I'm glad you got it sorted! :D

I bet Soph's pleased, eh?

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Haha nothing will please her at the mo. We went to zante last thursday and I got even more drunkerer than normal. Left her layin asleep by the pool while I sneaked off for a voddy and a smoke, and when I woke up, five drinks and six smokes later, I found her STILL asleep and pretty much melted in the zante sun. I could see three of her so I poked the one in the middle and it woke up soundin like it had been possed by chewbacca! eeeEEUUUUrrruuurrrrr eeeeuuRRRGH ... me legs!!

Oops!!

She was NOT appy.

Just got to sort me stutterin actor problem now, (only been happenin since 8.6) then I can go tend to her sunburn ;-p

hehe thanks for postin QS

Marc