display large text

montimirkomontimirko Member Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi!!!
I'm new of GS so sorry if my question is ridicolous but.... I need to display a large text (not so large, 200, 250 characters) to display a short story... but I can't...
for now there's no way to wrap text, right?

so... must I wait for a new version of GS (weeks? months? .... years?)
or May I act in another way?
(like converting the text in a jpeg image and put inside the game... but this affect the game's weight)

the text is essential for my game (an interactive story) so, please, help me
^_^

sorry again for my stupid question (and for my english =_= )

Comments

• BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    In lieu of using a graphic for the text, here is a solution that has worked for me...

Create 2 game attributes, choose "text" for both...I'll call one "space" and the other "newline".

In `game.space`....type a space.

In `game.newline`, hit Option+Return.

The expression in your DISPLAY TEXT behavior will need to look some thing like this:
    `
    "Once"..game.space.."upon"..game.space.."a"..game.space.."time"..game.newline..
    "there"..game.space.."was"..game.space.."a"..game.space.."man"..game.space.."named"..game.space.."barkbark00"
    `
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    The best looking text will be in the form of an image, then you can get the best layout, ant-aliasing etc, GS is not to hot with text handling or display.
  • montimirkomontimirko Member Posts: 4
    Thanx barkbark, I've just tried and works, I'll use that for middle-short textfields!
    but for the longest the image solution is better until GS's improvements!

See ya!
    Mirko
  • montimirkomontimirko Member Posts: 4
    tshirtbooth said:
    in the text box (not the editor) type you first line then hit option + enter
    that will take you to the next line and so on and so on

O_o wow
    perfect!!!
    many thanks!!!!