Faulty XBox Ones

Just had a friend pop round who works at game a big retail outlet in the uk, I was a bit shocked to find they sold 36 ones and have already had 8 returned as faulty :(

Making the PS 4 seem more attractive for a guy that's on the fence.

Darren.

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Both are having issues as expected. Some PS4s are losing power I believe, or some light issue. Can't beat a good trusty PC

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Darren,

If your talking about the gear inside the Xbox not working right, I read a article this morning about Microsoft is issuing those people a new Xbox one and a free game for the trouble.

You know how these consoles are when they first come out always some trouble, I don't think they ship the console to themselves then test it lol. It's probably the shipping that's messing these consoles up. I guess shipping to themselves then testing it would be kinda like a ad hoc build for us ;)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Just read about the ps4 and yeah I remember problems with 360 I was just shocked at the amount as I read it was less than 1% but according to my m8s experience it's higher than that.

Darren.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    50% of Xbox 360 consoles died or had issues - it's made my friend jump ship for the PS4 in next gen - shocking statistic - and now teething issues for both consoles. Lets see who comes out on top in this one...
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    Or a trusty mac!!!!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I've got an unopened day one edition xbox one sitting in my closet. Not sure what to do with it:)
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Humpty Dumpty sat on a fence once. ONCE! Think about it.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    edited December 2013
    I've got an unopened day one edition xbox one sitting in my closet. Not sure what to do with it:)
    Try and pawn it on the street as a DVD player maybe?

Oh, no, wait, it's too thick.

VCR. That's it.

• CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
    I thought the 360 failure rate was higher than that... certainly seemed to be since I didn't know anyone who still had their original. Hopefully the One is a step or two better in this department this time around.
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    edited February 2014
    Over the years I had four defective Xbox 360's and one defective PS3. So far no issues with my Xbox One or PS4.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I bought my 360 a few weeks before Gears of War came out and it's still running like a champ and I run it almost 24/7 the only problem I have is I sometime have to tap the DvD door so it will open.