Strange Oracle: Ghost Adventure - WIP

mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 311
My new horror adventure game for mobiles (Android/IOS/Windows 8). No spoilers just a tech demo and work in progress.
Made using Unity + Playmaker (no coding neeed). The game will be fully in 3D so the exploration will occurs in 360.

Some workflow screenshots:

Comments

• Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    Wow looks really creepy :-SS

Just a couple things I noticed- the T's look a lot like B's in that text font, and the thing you get from the voodoo doll is a pin rather than a nail.

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 311
    @Fal01 Thanks man ;) I will check another font and re-type the item´s name. I have a native english speaker that will take care of the typo/grammar errors for the final version.
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    Very nice mmzbr. Look forward to having a play!
    @DigiChain Thanks man, your opinion is important to me! I love your games also ;)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Wow, and you did all of that without coding a single line? How long did it take you to learn Playmaker?
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    @Braydon_SFX Yes, Playmaker is a great tool based in state machines controlled by flows, so you can have infinite interactions in the same object creating endless logic process to everything you need in a game.

I discovery this piece of software here in Gamesalad foruns like 1 year ago. I had interest in Unity for 3D games but always avoided because my lack of programming skills, purchased Playmaker and started learn Unity.

I managed to learn Playmaker in like 2 weeks or less, Unity in 2-3 weeks to master what I need. The logic itself is easy to figure out.

For Unity my 3D modeling/texturing background (Worked with 3D max for 2-3 years doing short movies for clients) helped a lot.

Work with Gamesalad in the past help me to open the mind with the logic design and create logic/state machines that you can use as template in other games (like you do with custom behaviors in GS).

Sorry my English.
  • RexCarsalotRexCarsalot Member Posts: 96
    How did I not know about Playmaker? Wow, thank you for the heads up. I'm going to grab my copy today. Thank you for tip. Keep up the good work, it looks brilliant.
    I just used an asset called EasySave for Save Data Process (what have playmaker custom actions to help with that part).
    But for 2D games I still recommend GameSalad if you dont know about programming.
    @RexCarsalot Thanks, let me know if you need any help, I´m not a guru but have learning a lot of cool stuff with Playmaker, for now I´m learning about iTween is a great tool to create dinamic animations (like I did with spider that walk random in the scenario).
    @timolapre1998 Thanks ;) You can kill the spider (tap) like warcraft 2 critters lol ;D
  • RexCarsalotRexCarsalot Member Posts: 96
    @mmzbr Thanks. You may be hearing from on this someday. The spider animation looks great. By the time I get around to finishing up everything on my list and setting out to learn to the software, you probably will be a guru by then. I'm going to investigate iTween, but that's probably going to be the biggest challenge to someone like me. Good luck with your game.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Really amazing @mmzbr! I wish you all the best! :)
  • JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    @mmzbr - Your game looks really promising (as can be seen after 34 sec..). Feel free to pm me when you release it :) However, I believe that many people today are impatient, having that in mind my guess is that many would not buy your game if they started to watch your trailer and only watched the intro part of it. I would cut the first 34 sec out of the trailer completely. This is just my opinion of course, you may choose to ignore it fully if you want.
    The game was released for Android devices, Amazon and IOS In review process.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmztech.strangeoracle

New gameplay video:

Thanks in advance!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Awesome stuff! Will download shortly!

Itunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strange-oracle-ghost-adventure/id804310044?ls=1&mt=8

PROMO CODES:
    ==========
    46AN7JEJ3XTJ
    F6EAEYTJWT4E
    TJ7P3YR7LNLY
    3AXWMXA7PTXF
    N3ENM9HL3TFW

Leave a review if possible, thanks in advance GS Community you guys rocks!
    edited January 2014
    @Braydon_SFX Thanks for your support man ;)
    @TheMoonwalls Thanks for your support too ;)