Trademark problem when publishing?

zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
Hi everyone,
I am having a problem when publishing my game because my game is a game like logo quiz but with football players instead of logos. The app is getting rejected and part of the message is: "We found that your app contains features that may infringe on rights owned by the NFL." Attached is the whole reason the app is rejected. How do I stop getting rejected or in touch with the NFL so that I can get rights to do this?

Comments

• mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Good luck with that. I emailed marvel a couple of weeks ago, they basically told me to piss off(but in a nice way)
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    How do I stop getting rejected . . .
    Provide documentary evidence that you have the rights to use the disputed material.
    . . . or in touch with the NFL so that I can get rights to do this?
    www.nfl.biz
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Most players in all sports are now their own brands, therefore you will be required to obtain a licence for each and every player in your game.

This would also involve probably speaking to the players agent(s) and paying a fee based on your project sales.

I used to do this stuff all the time when working for EA as we needed the rights for FIFA games. It costs a fortune.

However, if the app is free and you are not looking to raise any money for yourself, its still worth approaching them. Or, better still, use the app to raise money for a popular charity.

Either way, you are still looking at months of negotiation until all parties are happy.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    @sadida172 well I have lots of NFL stuff in my game (including over 100 players). @socks Thanks I guess I can look into that website and try to get something. @jigglybean I will try but maybe I should just give this game out as a template to people for other quiz like games. I don't know if I want to go through all the legal stuff and expenses for a free app.

Thanks everyone
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Theres no harm in giving a call to the licencing department for NFL and find the right person to discuss this with. Then, you can decide on your options. Good luck with it

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    Thanks, I will try