How to make a editable text box for quiz-like game?

My game will be, somewhat like a quiz.. however I can't use the 4 choices (which is easy, to just make the choices and if the right one is clicked to change scene.. but I need to make a empty text box, that if the user enters the correct text, it will move them on to the next level. Example; The picture is asking what color? they type in the box "Red" and it says, congrats , next level? yada yada, can anyone lead me in the right direction of making this text box? Thank you!

Comments

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    You will need a text attribute. An actor that is the box. A rule for when actor touch is pressed. Inside that rule put Keyboard Input. Have the Keyboard Input feed it into your text attribute you made. Then you will likely want some sort of submit button that triggers the check.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Keep in mind that "Red" and "red" are not equal and that you'll need to check for both.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• You will need a text attribute. An actor that is the box. A rule for when actor touch is pressed. Inside that rule put Keyboard Input. Have the Keyboard Input feed it into your text attribute you made. Then you will likely want some sort of submit button that triggers the check.
    Now just to figure it all out on how to do it, lol. Exactly what I needed though, thanks ! if you know off hand and can give me a small "how to" I would be more than grateful, however you've helped enough! thanks!
  • Keep in mind that "Red" and "red" are not equal and that you'll need to check for both.
    Once I figure this out i'll make checks for "red, RED, Red" thanks for the input!
  • philthechillphilthechill Member Posts: 1

@croruption@gmail.com said:
    You will need a text attribute. An actor that is the box. A rule for when actor touch is pressed. Inside that rule put Keyboard Input. Have the Keyboard Input feed it into your text attribute you made. Then you will likely want some sort of submit button that triggers the check.

Now just to figure it all out on how to do it, lol. Exactly what I needed though, thanks ! if you know off hand and can give me a small "how to" I would be more than grateful, however you've helped enough! thanks!

I am new to GS and currently facing the exact same issue. Any chance you could share your solution?