Oceanhorn

Anyone bought it if so 1st impressions?

It does look stunning.

Darren.

Comments

• mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    edited November 2013
    Wow it almost has a perfect 5 out of 5 star customer reviews. To bad it's $8.99 :(
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    I saw it on ta. Looks great but I like to play games like this on a PC or console.
  • richcoyrichcoy Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2013
    I've played about 10 minutes into it. It's very polished. Controls take a little getting used to but they are intuitive.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Anything that reminds me of Link is win-win. Feel silly saying so, but that sounds like a lot of $$$. ("Back in my day, video games were $59.99"). I may wait until it's cheaper. ;)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326
    Well, I guess people are happy paying hundreds on timers but for a full game for $8 , suddenly its too expensive. And people wonder why developers go free to play. If your not going to pay for games don't complain about the free to play games that the ios App Store is being filled with.

Just something someone said on one of the review sites. Valid point, it really shows that even developers don't even care about premium anymore. I think that's the real shame.
    Wow it almost has a perfect 5 out of 5 star customer reviews. To bad it's $8.99 :(

• VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    £5.99 is nothing! A Zelda game for Gameboy back in the day and even now for the 3Ds or Wii, your looking at around £30+

You can watch all the videos in the world, nothing beats hands on. The graphics, gameplay, music, environment, atmosphere of the game feels perfect.

In other words, if you have played Zelda and loved it, then this for sure won't disappoint
    Well, I guess people are happy paying hundreds on timers but for a full game for $8 , suddenly its too expensive. And people wonder why developers go free to play. If your not going to pay for games don't complain about the free to play games that the ios App Store is being filled with.

Just something someone said on one of the review sites. Valid point, it really shows that even developers don't even care about premium anymore. I think that's the real shame.

@jeromy First off I wasn't complaining I just said it's to much for me. If you didn't get that then sorry I'll be more blunt just for you in the future.

Second off I've never complained about free games filling the App Store. I've paid for many games, but I'm not into that style of gameplay so $8.99 is to much for me.

Thirdly I wouldn't burn bridges with people you might need help from in the future on the forums. Just saying

Fourthly have a good night
  • Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

@jeromy First off I wasn't complaining I just said it's to much for me. If you didn't get that then sorry I'll be more blunt just for you in the future.

Second off I've never complained about free games filling the App Store. I've paid for many games, but I'm not into that style of gameplay so $8.99 is to much for me.

Thirdly I wouldn't burn bridges with people you might need help from in the future on the forums. Just saying

Fourthly have a good night

Nice to hear from you too,

I think you misunderstood and jumped straight into attack mode. I just copied something from another forum to show what others are thinking and that I agreed with it. I only quoted so i could refer to what I was referring to, the price and all the reviews. Nothing to do with you at all.
    Secondly, I never mentioned you, never made it personal. I don't even know you, and with that I mind, with a type of attitude like you just showed really tells me what type of developer you are.
    I will have a good night, cheers for that.

Keep on developing
    @jeromy ok you went on a long rant about developers not paying for games and complaining about free games....then you quote me. I think anyone would of took it the way I did. If that's not what you meant then don't quote someone in your statement. If you check out the forums for just today a lot of people have been up in arms. Normally I'm not like this just FYI.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Anyway... It looks great and I am thinking about buying it. But I am on a developers budget so have to ask my wife ;)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited November 2013
    I'd rather pay once even if it is more expensive than the regular games and have a complete game instead of buying cheaper or free with iAP.

Good arguments for the price i remember paying £60 for a US import of Street fighter in the tin case for the snes and Super Bomberman with multi tap for snes was around the same price, i had an american console cause i was a bit geeky back then and wanted full screen full speed 60HZ instead of the slower crappy boarders and 50HZ UK machine :P

Darren.
    edited November 2013

i was a bit geeky back then

Darren.

What are you now then ;)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Haha ok hands up…SUPER GEEK :)

Darren.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I should have been a bit more careful with my words. I didn't mean to imply that it isn't worth the price because it does appear to be.

I was more commenting on the nature of today's market and how strange it is that even $1.99 seems expensive (to me). And even though I don't complain about free games I'll know better than to complain when people neglect to buy my games when they are priced at $1.99 or whatever.

Truth is I might shell out the money for this one. I can think of a handful of games that provided dozens of hours of challenging play and that I considered a steal at $0.99 or $1.99.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• DaGreatnessDaGreatness Member Posts: 82
    Was this game made with GS? If so, yo then that is amazing!!!!