State of GameSalad on 10-23-2013

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
edited October 2013 in GameSalad Kitchen
Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

This past week we released version 0.10.4.1 with some handy bugfixes. The nightly builds are cooking properly now and we're dutifully fixing some bugs before we release from the new development branch. Last I heard there are about 7 bugs in the queue for fixing before we unleash this on you. As discussed last week, Chartboost and RevMob are integrated into the engine and awaiting release in the nightly builds. Several man days this past week were consumed by fixing an issue with Amazon builds showing as having IAP when they, in fact, did not have IAP present.

We also released a new share feature in the nightly builds. Check it out!

I'm sure you're all wondering "What about async multiplayer?" I am too! We've had the code finished for this for quite some time and are still going back and forth on the contract. Lawyers are lawyering. Weeee!

I'll be updating the roadmap right after I eat dinner. Enjoy the updates!

Comments

• PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    Man i so badly want creator workflow improvements. Heck even if gamesalad add some badly needed features like grid and ability to see x,y positions and rotational degree of actors right from the main creator page instead of double clicking each actor, i will be happy
  • Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326
    Sounds great,

Just one question though,
    All these new features in the nightly builds such as expression to expression and optimisations and loops, are they becoming a pro only feature now?
    They have been in nightly builds for a while and now it seems more features are coming for everyone without those mentioned features.
    I am just waiting for a stable release that includes these features whether it be for pros or not.
    Any insight?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Sounds great,

Just one question though,
    All these new features in the nightly builds such as expression to expression and optimisations and loops, are they becoming a pro only feature now?
    They have been in nightly builds for a while and now it seems more features are coming for everyone without those mentioned features.
    I am just waiting for a stable release that includes these features whether it be for pros or not.
    Any insight?
    They will be released to non-PRO users in version 0.11.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I hope those are some good bug fixes, I can't even work in 10.4 or nightly because of actor attribute bugs.
  • ecommdesigns1ecommdesigns1 Member, PRO Posts: 8
    hello, im a newbie, i hope you can help me, im having problems in the creating a new "rule" im using gamesalad 10.4.1.. I dont see the option where if i press the "start" button will go to the next scene.
    Thanks.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @ecommdesigns1 -- Not really the appropriate spot for a question like that.
    Maybe start a new thread and ask your questions there.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    I know dates aren`t simple to estimate or maybe sometimes you can`t tell, But just need to know, Will wi have one Update from here to 3 more weeks? Calculating my new game release :D
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @CodeWizard So would the Revmob and Chartboost integrations, when put in the nightly, be operable for us to start earning revenue off of? Since nightlys are for pro users anyways. Or is it awaiting internal testing?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I know dates aren`t simple to estimate or maybe sometimes you can`t tell, But just need to know, Will wi have one Update from here to 3 more weeks? Calculating my new game release :D
    if you're looking to publish in the next 3 weeks, I don't think you want to use a brand new build :) best to publish something you know works instead of having to test everything from scratch and work around potential bugs found