flight control type game

alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
edited November -1 in Tech Support
anyone know how to create the attributes like in flight control so when you touch it follows the guides you draw I have a game simple like that but I cant get it to follow properly tried everything...

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Unfortunately I am pretty sure this isn't possible. You could have objects move in straight lines, to the position where you tapped. However having the line drawing and having it follow the line isn't possible sadly.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I could see it working possibly, but it would be much easier to simply allow only 1 line to be drawn at a time...

Multiple would be way too many.
  • alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    I have it following spawning lines but the problem is I cant figure out how to make follow in proper order for example it is starting where I leave of based on mouse position so if I drag my finger across the screen the character will start from where I stopped it follows the whole trail just backwards
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    When an airplane spawns originally, constrain an invisible touch control actor above it. When the airplane's position is touched, the original airplane actor is destroyed and the invisible control actor starts constraining to the touch position. Have the control actor use something like weswog's drawing system tut for the path creation. Set each piece of the path to spawn/destroy a new copy of the airplane at timed intervals after the path segment actor is created.

It would work...
    its not an airplane type I just want to know the attributes I ca figure out that part I have a character that moves toward spawning characters but backwards instead of going toward the first character spawned it goes to the last character spawned then all the through until the first its backwards.
    alexxxhp said:
    its not an airplane type I just want to know the attributes I can't figure out that part I have a character that moves toward spawning characters but backwards instead of going toward the first character spawned it goes to the last character spawned then all the through until the first its backwards.

?
    no one know?
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Try clarifying your request before excessive bumping. It may just be that no one understands what you are looking for but they are too lazy to post to that effect...like me.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I know this thread is old...
    just working on something like this myself... and got it working pretty well. where a dot is spawned every 10 pixels as you draw the path. Each dot is numbered, and then when you let go the actor follows the path properly.

A little glitchy at times, seems to only happen when GameSalad has been opened for a while. So the spawning is probably being quite memory hungry...
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047

For this game I am basically using a slightly modified version of ORBZ's drawing demo and waypoint demo wrapped into one.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    cool...I'll take a look... I remember seeing your demo video of your flight control style work before. Nice to see it made it into a game.