Bug in Windows version of GameSalad Creator

Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
The Windows version of GameSalad Creator crashes on Windows 7 64-bit when you try to delete a actor in a scene, without selecting it first with your mouse or touchpad.

Comments

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    Forgive me if I'm missing something, but how do you delete an Actor without selecting it first? Do you just hit the minus sign?

Sorry I can't test it right now on Windows but from experience I've never had Creator crashing when deleting Actors. Although I always select them first, though..

Try uninstalling and re-installing the software :)
  • GibberSaladGibberSalad Member, PRO Posts: 18
    Gamelover456, can you go into more detail about how you are getting the Windows Creator to crash? We are looking into the issue, but more information would be helpful in isolating it. Thanks!
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    Full Description: I was deleting extra actors in the scenes for my game and I was transferring their code to the correct answer box for the level. The actor was deselected when I was transfering code, so I pressed the Delete button on my keyboard, and then GameSalad froze up with the error message, GameSalad has stopped responding!
    Haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Can you tell me more about how you are transferring the code? Are you editing the Actor's Prototype or Instance? How are you selecting the Actor's that you are transferring the code from/to?
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    When I transfer the code, I put the code from the original actor into the actor for the correct answer box and I select the original actor with my mouse and I delete it out of the scene with the Delete button. I leave the original actor in the Actor List in the GameSalad Creator.
    edited October 2013
    Gamelover456, we are looking into this bug but it would be helpful if you could document how you are getting the crash with some screenshots or even video capture. Thanks!
  • I have experienced the crash too actually. If you select too many actors at once and press the "delete" or "backspace" key, the game crashes. The simplest way to reproduce the problem is to create a project with multiple actors, use the multiple select feature to select a good amount of them (10-15+) and attempt to delete them. The editor will most likely crash. Thanks!
    Thanks for the information. We were able to reproduce the issue, as well as find an additional problem. We appreciate all of you input!