First load 3 seconds (Great) Second load 15 seconds (Bad)

DaneC020DaneC020 Member Posts: 90
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I was wondering if someone could please explain why this is the case? My application is right at 10mb and is on the iPad. The first time it is ever loaded it is amazingly fast and only takes 3 seconds. If I close the application without doing anything (saving) and reopen, it will take 15 seconds. If I go in an save high scores the application will then load in 12 seconds. These numbers stay consistent and I have tried several things to change this.

Hopefully this will not prevent the application from launching on the store. I was wondering if this is a known issue or something that I could do to reduce this loading time?

Comments

• DaneC020DaneC020 Member Posts: 90
    Thanks for the response tshirt, btw congrats on your new game! It looks very well done and I think it will be a successful product. I am going to grab myself a copy for sure.

Thanks again.
    Dane
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Ha, I like how this thread has [resolved] by the title now. I wish!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I posted up about this in the new features section...
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=6070

Maybe click the "I like this" link, on that post, to boost support.

I think that the title screen (GameSalad or otherwise) should be skippable when touched. Plus, 20 seconds is just too long to wait for a 2D game. The load times are horrible.
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    yup. I'm experiencing horrible load times. and its not acceptable for a 5mb 2D game.
    my gameboy advance loaded 12mb games wayyy faster.
  • DaneC020DaneC020 Member Posts: 90
    Well I put resolved since it was a known issue... I wish the issue was actually "resolved" but atleast it is managable right now. I think I will hold off on the "Pro" version until it is fixed though since users won't enjoy looking at my studio OR gamesalad's logo.

Dane