Background Images Disappearing

Hi,

I'm currently making a game on the Windows Gamesalad Creator. I exported it and put it onto the Mac Creator so that I could publish and test it on an iPhone, but I'm having a bit of a strange problem.

For some reason, both in the Mac Creator and on the iPhone, all of my background images aren't showing up. If I go into the actor, the image is there, and it's on the Image list, but it won't show up in the actual scene. I've also checked the Visibility tab and Alpha number.

It's working perfectly on Windows Creator, and I've never had this issue before when I went from Windows to Mac. I have attached pictures below to show you what I mean.

In Windows Creator (Working): http://imageshack.us/f/24/mjbd.png/

In Mac Creator (Not Working): http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8987/vrcs.png

I have also tried using Gamesalad versions 0.10.3 and 0.10.2, just in case - no change though.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! =D

Comments

• GibberSaladGibberSalad Member, PRO Posts: 18
    Hi CriticalGames,

Can you give me some more information about the image you are using for your background images, please? File format, dimensions, etc. Thanks!
  • CriticalGamesCriticalGames Member Posts: 45
    Hi GibberSalad,

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond - it's been a busy couple of days.

All of my background images are .png format. The backgrounds have a width of up to 4900 pixels, and all are 320 pixels high.

Thanks!
  • GibberSaladGibberSalad Member, PRO Posts: 18
    No problem! Your issue is that the maximum image dimension that is supported by GameSalad for all devices is 2048x2048.

If you try to import that image on the Mac Creator you get a warning that the image is too large, and it gives you an option to resize it. However, Windows Creator doesn't currently have a warning message for this.

We will enter a bug for Windows Creator to notify the user when they are trying to import an image that's size is not supported on all devices. For now, if you are developing on Windows Creator, you will want to resize your images so that they aren't over 2048 width/height.
  • CriticalGamesCriticalGames Member Posts: 45
    Ah I see. Okay, I'll divide the images up into sections then. Thank you very much for your help! =D