Mosaika - a brand new adventure from Fire Maple Games!

2»

Comments

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Instabuy. In fact I bought two, one for me and one gift for my wife. Played around with it and was back in the lost city fibe in seconds. Awesome game!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Saw it in the paid Uk charts earlier... certainly seems like you've done it again... cracking stuff... I'm downloading now.... my wife no doubt will as well... as your games are the only ones she's ever played to the point of completion. Well done on finishing another HUGE project....
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Congrats joe. I'm going to try and download shortly.
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    Awesome Joe! Just saw this. Your last game was awesome and i hope this too :D downloading it now!
    ---
    Benjamin
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Thank you so much, guys! I really appreciate it! You're gonna make me cry ;-)

@StormyStudio: I hope your wife likes this game as well! That is such a great endorsement!
  • kolabokolabo Member Posts: 240
    My spouse and I have both completed Mosaika. We each have our own ipad, and it's a lot of fun playing at the same time. We managed to resist looking at solutions, but had a hard time resisting the clues. So, I'm curious, what is the logic and thought behind including a very rich quatity of clues and solutions?
  • GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    looks awesome
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    My spouse and I have both completed Mosaika. We each have our own ipad, and it's a lot of fun playing at the same time. We managed to resist looking at solutions, but had a hard time resisting the clues. So, I'm curious, what is the logic and thought behind including a very rich quatity of clues and solutions?
    Id say its to remove the bitching about how its too hard for some people ( like me :D ) Im stuck at the moment and trying like hell to not look at the hint but man its hard when It's just sitting there smiling at me. :D
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    what is the logic and thought behind including a very rich quatity of clues and solutions?
    When you've sold as many games as Joe has, having just 1% of your audience emailing you for clues can get time consuming to say the least!

Having the clues in the game itself means that this is negated. It also means that people stay in the game more, and don't have the hassle of going outside the game to look for help.

Pretty clever!

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• artfishartfish Member, PRO Posts: 369
    edited October 2013
    Fantastic job Joe. Had fun playing with my boy. Thanks for staying at it and creating another cool story for us to share. ;)
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @artfish : Thanks, Eric!

@kolabo : Grisly Manor did not have hints and I got a TON of emails from angry, stuck, frustrated players! Which continues to this day! The Lost City had a rudimentary walkthrough but people still couldn't find it and hated using it (as they should have, it was awful!) So this one we made more obvious and have had generally positive responses.

Of course I would love to do away with them altogether! They are pretty expensive to have in the game - it cost about $7,000 to get all the hints translated into 17 languages.

They are not actually hints per se, but the next step in the walkthrough - it tells you the next thing you need to do in the game. People wanted the hints to be more mysterious, and actually be a proper "hint" and not the answer, and maybe two or three hints for each problem - but the expense would be astronomical!

The real reason I'd love to do away with them is that they shorten the game considerably! If you are stuck or frustrated for a moment, the temptation is too great. So you click the hint, and immediately feel dumb and that you might have figured it out if you just slept on it or came back to it later.

If I didn't include the hints, people would complain that the game was unfair.

It's a tough balancing act to be sure!
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    @firemaplegames,

Lovely game, I played it over the weekend.

I agree that having the hints so handy is just too tempting. The best thing about these games is that moment when you've been stuck for ages wandering from scene to scene knowing the answer is right in front of you but you just can't see it, and then you get that Eureka! moment.

Maybe one solution is to have the option at the beginning to turn the hints on, and if you choose not to have them you would have to reset the whole game to turn them on.

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I had to use hints a couple of times. I felt a little silly afterwards for not seeing the solution myself for one of them but I was thankful they were there. It's definitely better than the walk through in Lost City.

Beautiful game again. Good luck with the downloads.