Gamesalad keeps deleting my expressions

NtGNtG Member Posts: 103
I can't be the only one experiencing this. My expressions keep getting set to "0.0" randomly for no reason at all. This is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited August 2013
    it seems to happen in my experience the second time you update a value. I have not seen it in the nightly builds, but I have not been really paying attention to it.

exiting out of the actor and going back in allows you to update the value properly.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2013
    I've found that the following steps often fixes it:

1. Write your expression and press the green button.
    2. Write the expression down on paper, just in case.
    3. Press save.
    4. Open the expression window and press the green tick button again.
    5. Open the expression window again and press the green tick button.
    6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 several more times, until you're confident it's not going to disappear.
  • NtGNtG Member Posts: 103
    I've found that the following steps often fixes it:

1. Write your expression and press the green button.
    2. Write the expression down on paper, just in case.
    3. Press save.
    4. Open the expression window and press the green tick button again.
    5. Open the expression window again and press the green tick button.
    6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 several more times, until you're confident it's not going to disappear.
    Yeah, this is what I've been doing lately, it's not exactly a fix though lol.

It's especially frustrating when I am changing expressions around trying to debug and I go into preview to see if I fixed the bug only to come out of preview and see that the expression has been reset to 0.0 or what it was previously.
  • NtGNtG Member Posts: 103
    Well, it just deleted an old expression that I hadn't even touched recently. Also If I duplicate a group of code then some of the expressions inside that group will just be set to 0.0, so now I have to go through and check that GS didn't screw anything up every time I duplicate some coding.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    i have not seen this with the nightlies, so it should be fixed with the next release hopefully
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I'm building steel beach all in the nightly so I'll have to pay attention but I don't recall if I'd had it happen in there so maybe not because it sure happens all the time in 10.3.
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    edited August 2013
    I haven't played around with the nightlies too much yet but it's reassuring to hear that they're considered stable enough to start building a game in, rather than using 10.3.

I've just finished up a lot of art and small tests for my current game so now I need to make a start on a proper build - I'm now not sure whether to go for the nightlies, 10.3 or wait for the next stable release... hmm...
  • mesaticusmesaticus Member Posts: 51
    Ahhh, glad to see this is actually an issue. I thought this was a "new user" error. I can't tell you how many times I've hit preview, see that things were broken, and been like "WTH, did I not just type that in?"