GameSalad Distribution Network preview release!

2»

Comments

• sladaksladak Member Posts: 119
    Ok cheers. Great for us to cross-promote so a new version on their way!
  • HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    Cool, I'll be adding this to my games :D
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Here are some answers to the questions we've noticed here:

1. We're not using any additional data that we don't already collect for this feature. So I'm not sure you'll need to update your privacy statement. The data we collect is anonymous app usage information that helps us better understand how to target your app to your users.

2. The promotion bar stays visible until the user dismisses it. After it's visible for a few seconds, an "X" shows up that allows the user to close it down.

3. Yeah, you can submit your apps to the network without resubmitting to Apple. We're in the middle of migrating our servers to enable promotion within existing free GameSalad apps. However, once the promotion exchange system is in place you'll want to add the bar to your game and resubmit. This will ensure that you get the maximum credit and promotion for your app.

4. You can indeed run iAd and the GameSalad Distribution Network together. Just be sure to have the iAd banner placed somewhere that doesn't overlap the network banner. Otherwise it'll be hideous. ;)

Let us know if you have any other questions!
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Nice clarification, thank you @CodeWizard

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    Great news! Now just waiting for multiplayer!
  • GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    @CodeWizard

So when I use it together with iAd I should place the banner on top, right?
    Otherwise I would get the overlap or?

Thanks.
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    Is there an option to be able to pay (real money) to advertise my game if I have an ad free game. I think it's a great network but I don't like having ads in my game so I am wondering if there are any other options?

Thanks
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    edited August 2013
    thanks
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    So I suppose there's no behaviour to opt out so that only my free version shows the network while my IAP unlock the full game does not (much like iAds) eh?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited August 2013
    Oh so the Ad shows up enven without choosing use GS network. Going to have to pull my game from it as I have turn off ads.

Edit just pulled them out of the GS network.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    The last post from @CodeWizard says you add it to your game, which means you're not forced to have it.
    I'd like some clear info on what the exact criteria is. If we want to be on the network do we need to have the GS network in our apps to qualify?
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2013
    Like @FryingBaconStudios I'd like to know that too.

I'm happy to add it to my first free game, but I won't lie I disliked the banner the first time I looked at it which is why I quickly switched to Pro, but if it helps a few extra downloads I'm happy to put it on pause scenes.
    I'm not against having it but if I sell people A ads off feature I want all ads off.
    I'm not against having it but if I sell people A ads off feature I want all ads off.
    Exactly

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    My understanding is that 'for now, during the testing phase' you can be included in the network without including the ad banners in your own game. But once it's fully rolled out it sounds like it will be an 'exchange system' where you'll get exposure in other peoples games based on the exposure you offer in your games.

See CodeWizards post from Aug. 13.
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    @CodeWizard Can there be a sort of feature.. where a scene pulls up on 'More Games' and then GS network displays other games?! I mean in addition to this feature of Banner Ads. In that manner, a game can present ads in a more meaningful manner and with a higher conversion rate per view.
    It would be great if it was a behavior like iAds so we could pick the scene we put it on. In my game I only have ads on the menus and options and such not during the gameplay phase. In our new game we will have ads on during gameplay but it's important to have control of the user experience. I enjoy being on the GS network but not at the cost of not being able to display things in relationship to my game design like I can with the ad behavior and playhaven.
    Pro users should be able to control when the banner shows with the "ShowMoreGames" behavior. This should be available in the current nightly build.

Non pro users will see the banner just like they do now in their apps.

It looks like we should add some more behaviors to give finer control over banner placement. I'll get that on the list.

This feedback is good, keep it coming!
    Awesome love to use the network just need to be able to setup and arrange the display.
  • DenimSharkDenimShark Member Posts: 192
    My understanding is that 'for now, during the testing phase' you can be included in the network without including the ad banners in your own game. But once it's fully rolled out it sounds like it will be an 'exchange system' where you'll get exposure in other peoples games based on the exposure you offer in your games.

This is my understanding of it as well... Can anyone confirm that being put in the Network wont launch ads in any of my apps?
  • willieharriswillieharris Member Posts: 294
    Pro users should be able to control when the banner shows with the "ShowMoreGames" behavior. This should be available in the current nightly build.

Non pro users will see the banner just like they do now in their apps.

It looks like we should add some more behaviors to give finer control over banner placement. I'll get that on the list.

This feedback is good, keep it coming!
    Intelligent system for sure! This is a cool new feature.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

This is my understanding of it as well... Can anyone confirm that being put in the Network wont launch ads in any of my apps?
    I would also appreciate a concrete Yes or No to this question. I have marketed my game as 100% ad free so don't want any ads suddenly appearing until I'm ready...
    edited September 2013
    Ads won't magically show up in your apps. If you published with Pro then you need to specifically add behaviors to make the ads show.
    So I have a IAP behaviour that should only Allow the network bar show if false and if IAP is active it should not show. But in my Adhoc after I've made it IAP true it keeps showing the GS network bar coming back from Hibernation state - is this a Bug?
    I should stat this is in .100 nightly beta
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    Ads won't magically show up in your apps. If you published with Pro then you need to specifically add behaviors to make the ads show.
    So right now, if I submit app to the network and will not show GS network banners, my App will still be promoted in the network?