State of GameSalad on 8-7-2013

2»

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @CodeWizard

Is there any thought of more collision options in the future other the a Box and Circle, Don't get me wrong I've done a lot with those two but sure could use more options.
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    @BBEnk I agree, collisions would really take our games to the next level. But so would any number of things.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    There is an issue with the Android publishing system. The second password is not getting stored after hitting return and no green checkmark comes up. This is causing an the app to crash after start screen on Android device. I published this same app last week no problem and no major changes have been made to my system or app. My SDK is current, my pointers are all good and I have JDK 7 installed on Mac.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Excuse us @Codewizard, would the Data collecting and sending mentioned before be up and running within a month or two? Just wondering if I should start planning for it before release of game or wait to add in some extra features. Or was it just a thought and hadn't actually been looked at yet.
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by "data collecting and sending." I might be having a blonde moment. Can you clarify this? :D
  • dingosmoovdingosmoov Member Posts: 130

I'm not sure what you mean by "data collecting and sending." I might be having a blonde moment. Can you clarify this? :D
    He's referring to sending and retrieving data from a table via JSON that was mentioned in a previous post. It was mentioned as a separate thing from Async. If we got that we could essentially roll our own Async.

Is that separate from Asnyc Multiplayer? If so what is it's status? Or is it just at the brainstorming stage?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Ahh, that makes sense.

Okay, so, that feature is technically separate from async multiplayer. Although it currently is bundled in the same branch of development as async. We could potentially lift it out.

It's a little more complicated than that though. We have some rework of how we build the engine / tools wrapping up. All of our new development needs to be merged into that branch before we push it out. Well, "need" is a strong word. It's optional but preferred.

I'll reach out to the developer that made that feature and ask him about lifting it out into the nightly build. It'll probably need to wait until some other stuff is ready though. But perhaps it's easily done.
    @CodeWizard any news on the extendable engine? I haven't heard anything about it in awhile. Has is begun development yet?
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    this will be cool
    @codewizard I would rather see you guys get features right than rush them out the door.
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    Ahh, that makes sense.

Okay, so, that feature is technically separate from async multiplayer. Although it currently is bundled in the same branch of development as async. We could potentially lift it out.

It's a little more complicated than that though. We have some rework of how we build the engine / tools wrapping up. All of our new development needs to be merged into that branch before we push it out. Well, "need" is a strong word. It's optional but preferred.

I'll reach out to the developer that made that feature and ask him about lifting it out into the nightly build. It'll probably need to wait until some other stuff is ready though. But perhaps it's easily done.
    Fantastic, thanks for taking to time to reply. Good to hear that it's coming sometime down the track.
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @CodeWizard last week, you said stretch would be put in Publishing this week? Any updates on that? Thanks
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @CodeWizard any news on the extendable engine? I haven't heard anything about it in awhile. Has is begun development yet?
    "Extendable"? Do you mean Lua-Free or third party plugins, or exporting to XCode or...
    - Thomas
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Member Posts: 52
    Good news!
    edited August 2013
    @SnapFireStudios I meant third party plugins and custom behavior coding.
    Fix the software we have now. I could care less about new stuff fix the current version so it's tight and is consistant.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    I know creator UI stuff in not at the top of the list. But would it be quick to add one adjustment for the next stable build? To have it so the expression editor can have line breaks. Instead of everything being on one line. Gets awkward to use when referencing a few table cells.
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    @CodeWizard last week, you said stretch would be put in Publishing this week? Any updates on that? Thanks
    unfortunately I have been side tracked with bug fixes on other platforms (like android) I have Mac creator ,Mac and iOS working. I still need to finish android, both viewers and make it accessible in web publishing. No ETA on when I will get back to this. Hopefully soon.
  • zoopezoope Member Posts: 210
    Totally agree with @FryingBaconStudios, its best to have a stable software first, no point in having a flowing list of features, if the build is going to be unstable.

One bad crash and a few upset customers, will be enough to put your app down, no matter how fancy your app is.
    Thanx @zoope I already got a few nasty PMs for daring to say asking for stability over features is stupid.
  • zoopezoope Member Posts: 210
    @FryingBaconStudios Lol, these things are best when experienced first hand.
    I had my taste of it, and its very bitter I can tell you that. [-X
    edited August 2013
    I just laugh at the wonder of it all. :O)
  • a1000milesa1000miles Member Posts: 36
    Ahh, that makes sense.

I've just designed an app that would really benefit from the table stuff too.

But like @FryingBaconStudios, I believe the priority has to be stability.
    edited August 2013
    It sound to me like @codewizard is developing a system for sending builds through their new process. It appears he redesigned and updated their tools for checking things and how the combine their new systems with the current system. Keeping this intact is key as in the long run it will produce better results. I for one urge codewizard to keep lazer focused on his plan and don't deviate from it because the natives are restless. I'm sure he's realized around here you're damned if you do and damed if you don't so stick with your plan. I for one trust your judgement, you know what you're doing and don't let those who don't have a clue of what goes on in the kitchen nag you into doing something you'd rather not do.

Okay let the outrage of my post begin..lol