Can not use real values...

CrowyeCrowye Member Posts: 4
Greetings!

Whenever I set a real value to something (lets say 0.5)... It cant be read or shown in the debug text.
If I reopens my project the value drops all numbers before the decimal point and in this case converts it to 5.

In the object.xml file the attribute is however stored as 0,5 (with a comma instead).

This is pretty severe for me :( I dont want to avoid real attributes since they sure come in handy...

Im using windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    your working on a windows... in windows you can't use decimals, you can use real attributes but you cant use decimals.
  • CrowyeCrowye Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for commenting... but the thing is: I could use real values on my old windows before I reinstalled. Not sure why it worked then... My disks were partitioned as GPT at that time.. (Now its mbr). Also switched from home premium 64bit to Ultimate 64 bit... Very strange that it worked before...

At that time I could also set the rgb values freely as I chose (mixing) and it worked. Not i can only do 1 at a time.

Do you know of any updates coming to the windows version?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    your working on a windows... in windows you can't use decimals, you can use real attributes but you cant use decimals.
    If you can't use decimals then its no different than an integer.

You def need to send a bug report. It's not working right if its not allowing decimals