Constrained Actors Wont Trigger Collide Rules

KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
edited July 2013 in Tech Support
Is this a bug or expected? Actors that have their sizes constrained won't trigger collide rules. I've attached a simple project that shows this.

The project has two cubes on the floor, one without a constraint attribute behaviour attached to it and the other with one. In each one they have a rule that says if the bouncing box collides with it change the colour of self.

When the bouncing box collides with the box that hasn't got the constrain height, the box changes colour. However the one that has a constrain height behaviour doesn't change colour. It doesn't trigger the collision rule at all.

I made some changes to my game where I fixed the height of objects based on the size of the screen but that stopped all of my collision rules and took me most of the night working out what I'd done to break it.

I'm currently using 10.3 Beta on a Mac, so not sure if it's a problem with that version.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    yeah constrains override collisions. Check out Gshelper.com for a video on using constrains and collisions in unison though.

Cheers
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Thanks. In the end I switched off the constrains as I didn't really need them. Normal change attributes worked just as well, but I might check out the video later just in case I come across a time where I have to have both.