State of GameSalad on 7-17-13

Comments

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

We are definitely planning on supporting standalone HTML5 publishing one day. It's on the list and everything.
    Wowzer that's gonna make people happy. Me especially and I'm sure @photics will be thrilled too. :)

Wow, that is great news! This can make GameSalad more than just a game development tool.

Will HTML5 have user tracking like the apps have, or can that code be removed?
    Are you a skilled developer or do you know one? If so, head over to http://www.gamesalad.com/jobs
    I am a skilled web developer. Wow, that Web Developer / Hacker job sure looks good. I looked at the houses in Austin this morning... very pretty!
    @Photics, Austin is a great city, and 6th street was a BLAST...At least what I can remember about that night..:D !!!

Good luck!
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    I think everything coming is really cool and I can't wait, but to be honest I had to look at the date to make sure I was not read last weeks update... (:|
    I think this is a bit harsh - the GS guys are working around the clock to get these updates out to us, but it just takes time. Suggesting that they're going slow (when they're really anything but) isn't going to speed things up, so much as antagonise them. Just my opinion though!
    Thank you for your opinion and sorry if you took it the wrong way, and as a full time Developer I understand it takes time. So my comment was not meant to be harsh at all.

And please do not assume I was saying anything about them being slow. Those were your words not mine.

I think you should read last weeks update than read this weeks and tell me it did not sound almost the same.

Also, if you are going to use a word like "antagonize" you really should spell it correctly... :D

No problem, I think sometimes it's hard to get a feeling of context when reading on a forum, it sounded to me as if you were moaning about the speed of updates, which I thought would have been a bit harsh considering they're doing a pretty good job of it right now! No hard feelings, apologies if I jumped the gun a bit too soon :)

PS I'm from the UK so antagonise is the right spelling to me :D
  • jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94

Also, if you are going to use a word like "antagonize" you really should spell it correctly... :D
    Lol

It's spelt antagonise here in GB where the english language was formed before it was shipped off around the world, lose the z add the s :P

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I've just awakened from my trance where I traveled to the 88th dimension. There I discovered the LUA free engine exists. Mystery solved.

The Guru
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for your opinion and sorry if you took it the wrong way, and as a full time Developer I understand it takes time. So my comment was not meant to be harsh at all.

And please do not assume I was saying anything about them being slow. Those were your words not mine.

I think you should read last weeks update than read this weeks and tell me it did not sound almost the same.

Grammar wars !

:ar!

'Developer' needs a lowercase 'd'.
    The two instances of 'weeks' both need a possessive apostrophe.
    'Full-time' should be hyphenated.
    Also a serial comma before a coordinating conjunction (in this case "...wrong way, and as a full time...") is also mostly an American thing that is much less common in the UK.
    You have also used 'than' where you should be using 'then'.

Also 'wrong' is spelt wrong.

:))
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited July 2013
    Looks like Mr. Bacon....er...the Guru has found enlightenment, his personal satori. Lol.

If you chant LUA who knows what it may conjure up.
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    edited July 2013
    If you chant LUA who knows what it may conjure up.
    Whatever you do -- please don't stand in front of the big mirror and chant "lua-free" three times. I cannot be held responsible for what you will see out of the corner of your eye!

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Glad to hear async is coming along fast. Good work GS dev in charge of async :)
  • ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    @CodeWizard is there plans to add an option to generate apk expansion files for android apps? It would be awesome because Google Play is the largest Android market and you can't upload apps over 50mb without expansion files.
  • natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304
    Glad we can manipulate visible in real time now. Question: How hard would real time blending mode changes be to incorporate?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @Fractured_Core_Studios

It's on the list. Not very high on the list, but it's on the list.
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited July 2013
    @natzuur i will add this to the list
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Really nice job with the progress! Also how close is custom fonts in the updates?

Cheers, Weswog.
  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    HAHAHAaa.... Thank you too all my great GS friends, you have made my day!!!
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    @Weswog I heard custom fonts was in the new game they are releasing, so hopefully soon.
  • dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    @CodeWizard These improvements are great. Looking forward to them going live. I know the optimisations are very important but I'm also curious from a business perspective about monetisation options? Are things like push notifications in the pipeline and if so how easy or hard are they to implement? I know from a marketing perspective things like this as well as full facebook integration are very important to increasing downloads and sales. Gamesald is a great tool and we have a fair few games in development lined up for release over the next 12 months. Would be nice to be able to add in a little extra marketing push too :) Cheers and keep up the good work
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    Awesome, looking forward to those upcoming features you mentioned - sound fixes, async multiplayer, optimised actor spawning, etc.
    @dayofjackal
    Yeah, we've recently signed an agreement with a company to provide segmented push notifications and in-app customer service tools for your games. It's about 60 days out, but it's coming. More details soon.

We're also starting work on integrating Amazon's GameCircle and IAP features for Kindle Fire. More news on this next week.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Damn, you guys have been busy!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    @dayofjackal
    Segmented push notifications... and in-app customer service tools.... We're also starting work on integrating Amazon's GameCircle and IAP features for Kindle Fire. More news on this next week.
    Do my eyes deceive me?
    ^:)^
    I know, it's almost like we want to give you what you're asking for. What the heck?!
    @CodeWizard Thats awesome news. Don't suppose chartboost and revmob are anywhere in the plans too? :)
    RevMob? Maybe... :D
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    edited July 2013
    Some good progress it seems!

Can I ask about what I asked about at the last update but got no answer to (unless I missed it!).

So, here goes:

Any news on the custom font front?

Any news on the stretch feature for the different screen sizes/Universal builds?

Cheers!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

We have a hacked in solution for History Fighter. Something useful for you guys is several weeks out.
    @CodeWizard Nice. I presume the maybe is chartboost :)
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @CodeWizard

Just wondering, what do you think the likelihood that GS will have a clean update next week. I'm not going to hold you to it or anything I'm just wondering if there is a very high 75% chance or higher of an update being out next week. Trying to decide if I should hold onto my update until then or if the chance isn't very high to just release it now.

Secondly, if you guys consider RevMob omg I will flip the f out. I have them in my hand coded apps and I'm seeing revenue double what Mobclix was paying when they actual ever do pay. It would make me very very happy :D (And as a side note to others... RevMob pays out on a Net45 which is FAR FAR better than Mobclix supposed Net90 which is more like a Net180-260)
    Yep, in our games coded on other platforms revmob and chartboost are by far the two best earners
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    Holy moly you're dropping bomb after bomb of goodness here...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited July 2013
    Much peace and happiness in the gamesalad universe good karma all the way around. Good thing I replaced the old codewizard with the one from dimension 25 [-O<

The Gamesalad Guru