MAS game rejected - strange reason

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
edited May 2013 in Tech Support
Hi!
One of my games for MAS was accepted, the second was rejected.
Here is the message from Apple's reviewer (I don't understand it at all, and I have no idea how to fix this issue, so I'll be glad to hear any advices). Game was published with Mac OS X 10.8.3, Xcode 4.6.2 (4H1003), and GameSalad 0.10.3.

This app incorrectly implements sandboxing, or it contains one or more entitlements with invalid values. Please review the included entitlements and sandboxing documentation and resolve this issues before resubmitting a new binary.

Note: The app appears to be missing the game center entitlement.

Common reasons for this violation include:

* Setting "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" or any other sandboxing entitlement to "False" instead of "True". If an app does not use an entitlement, it should be removed.

* Setting a sandboxing entitlement to "Yes" instead of "True".

* Not sandboxing all Mach-O executables. For an app to properly implement sandboxing, all Mach-O executables must have "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" set to "True".

* Including "com.apple.security.inherit" without also including "com.apple.security.app-sandbox".

* Starting a file path with anything other than "/". All paths must start with "/".

* Setting a string-based or array-based entitlement to a boolean value. For example, setting "com.apple.security.temporary-exception.apple-events" to "True" instead of a non-empty string or array of non-empty strings of the targeted apps.

* Requesting "read-write" access to a read-only system location such as "/Library/Desktop Pictures/".

Apps must be sandboxed as of June 1, 2012. New apps that are not sandboxed will be rejected. Updates to non-sandboxed apps may be submitted if they only addresses bug fixes and new OS X feature adoption provided that your app was on the Mac App Store prior to June 1st.

See App Sandboxing for links to essential video and documentation to learn how to sandbox your application.

Should you need code-level assistance implementing sandboxing, contact Apple Developer Technical Support.

Best Answer