Non-Public API Usage Rejection

lunabunlunabun Member Posts: 7
I originally submitted my game to Apple a week ago. Even though everything worked fine in the sandbox it was rejected because they said the app wouldn't post high scored to Game Center. I tweaked the post score button and resubmitted app but a few minutes after uploading with Application Loader I got an email saying the binary was rejected due to Non-public API usage:

Apps are not permitted to access the UDID and must not use the uniqueIdentifier method of UIDevice. Please update your apps and servers to associate users with the Vendor or Advertising identifiers introduced in iOS 6.
If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. I re-published everything and got the same error.

Nothing in my game uses UDID's so I'm assuming this is something Gamesalad embeds in the app. Apple just changed the policy regarding UDID's on May 1, a few days after I originally submitted my game.

Any ideas on what's going on? I'm currently using Gamesalad 10.1 beta. Would updating to the latest version and resubmitting everything resolve this?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.