No feedback from support

LyboTechLyboTech Member Posts: 135
I sent my app in for support the 17th (10 days ago) and still haven't received any support. The confirmation mail said it took two days, what's going on ?. Getting a little inpatient :)

Comments

• LyboTechLyboTech Member Posts: 135
    Hello ?? - 1,5 months later. Still waiting
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited June 2013
    Can't even remember what the specific issue was anymore. Still would be great to get an answer though
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    I would submit again, if you can remember what it was you were having a problem with.
    Why can't tech help with the current submission ?
    We don't work at GS so we couldn't say. Maybe it slipped through the cracks. The support for non-pro users is on a when they can get to it basis. In order to get support at a quick level is to purchase pro. How serious can you're issue be if you don't even remember? You seem pretty concerned about something you can't even remember. You realize how silly that looks?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    also, did you submit a bug report or a support request? Bug reports don't get replies unless they need further information.

but if you can't remember what the problem was, are you sure you even submitted it?
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, you need to log and capture issues as you go. It's all part of the QA testing process.

If you can't remember them, it suggest it was not that important to begin with (not saying it's not important, but it's up to you not GameSalad to keep track this stuff on your game).
    @jonmulcahy - I am definately sure I submitted a support request as I uploaded the gamesalad project and wrote about 400 words in-depth of the problem, I haven't had the time to develop lately due to exams.

For the record, this is not about me not testing the game properly so stop asking me those kind of questions. This was a topic to help me get an answer to why support has not responded yet, not to say I'm not logging properly
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    I uploaded the gamesalad project and wrote about 400 words in-depth of the problem,
    Yet you now can't remember what the problem is?

I'd say getting back to support with a follow up question as a gentle reminder would be the best bet, but if you can't remember what the issue was that might be difficult!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @jonmulcahy - I am definately sure I submitted a support request as I uploaded the gamesalad project and wrote about 400 words in-depth of the problem, I haven't had the time to develop lately due to exams.

For the record, this is not about me not testing the game properly so stop asking me those kind of questions. This was a topic to help me get an answer to why support has not responded yet, not to say I'm not logging properly
    yes, but did you fill-out the bug report form instead of the support form? both have fields you fill-out, but they typically do not respond to bug reports unless it is to gather more information. many people have made that mistake.
    Just send them a new request. If your issue still exists then resubmit it. If you currently have no issue then get over it already. The only way to get real support is to be pro.
    @Jonmulcahy didn't I just answer your question ? For the record I can attach the mail I received when submitted:
    "Hello,

Thank you for contacting GameSalad Customer Support.

Our support queue is monitored during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, Central Time. (-6GMT)

Support inquiries from our Pro users will be responded to within one business day, and all others within two business days."

@FryingBaconStudios - I spent a lot of time on creating the game some time ago and would like to receive support, I really don't get why you are arguing instead of trying to help.

The post was made to get help, not criticism for not remembering what the issue was, the problem is on their side for not giving me proper support, not me. I'm about to delete GameSalad since I've had so much trouble with it and I will go on unless I receive answer some time soon. And I must say I get a little upset with all the hate I am getting, is this my fault somehow ? Really, just stop. Unless you have any suggestions just don't comment please
    Update: I found out what the request was about, I had issues with the game crashing randomly, freezing randomly and the entire scene skewing when displaying ads, since you guys were so eager to point out that I didn't remember it.
  • allornothingallornothing Member, PRO Posts: 126
    I'm in the same boat at the moment - two support requests over the last 3 weeks and no replies :( I'm actually having to consider delaying my release date because of it.
    @SaladStraightShooter Thank you :). I really don't know what happened, but glad you followed it up
    edited June 2013
    What version of GS are you using? If you're using 10.1 then the crash issue is because of bad memory EXE and this was fixed in version 10.3. This issue was well documented on the forums and discussed probably why support didn't feel the need to send you a report personally. These issues have been fixed this is why you no longer experience them. If you had remembered this weeks ago, I could have answered this. I think people have unrealistic expectations about support for a product that is free.
    @FryingBaconStudios If you read what I wrote it wasn't just crashing, it was issues with the game randomly freezing as well as iAds distorting my game scene
    Freezing happens in conjunction with a crash. I had the same issues and it was fixed in 10.3. Had I ads in my game and never saw that but they also fixed and issue with iAds too.
    @SaladStraightShooter - There must be some error in the submission form then, I received this mail (full) from no-reply@gamesalad.com 04.17.2013

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting GameSalad Customer Support.

Our support queue is monitored during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, Central Time. (-6GMT)

Support inquiries from our Pro users will be responded to within one business day, and all others within two business days.

We appreciate your patience as we investigate and respond to your inquiry.

Thank you,
    GameSalad Customer Support

If you'd like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here."