*Crashing on Launch* IPad

evandiazevandiaz Member Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Tech Support
My relatively simple IPad game has been rejected by Apple twice now because it crashes upon launch. I've checked the other posts regarding apps crashing during *play* but the fixes mentioned there don't really apply to my simple game. I have minimal actors and images, ram isn't an issue (total file size is 3.9megs). I have also double checked the game logic, and nothing seems amiss. It works perfectly fine in the GS viewer and the Iphone version of the game works fine as well. What else could be causeing the crashing on launch issues?

Please Help!

Comments

• iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    @tshirtbooth

How do you make an adhoc version to test on a device?
  • iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    I see! Thanks a lot!
  • evandiazevandiaz Member Posts: 4
    @TShirtBooth It works fine on the iphone, but I don't have an IPad to test with. Even if I did what info would that give me?
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    I had the same problem when I previewed on my Mac it did work perfect. But, when I got my iPad and tested it the game didn't work. So I fixed the problem and it worked on my iPad:)

Cheers, Weswog
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    if you want to post it I will load and test on my iPad? Other option is to rebuild it from scratch...then send for test. You may have a corrupt OLD actor or reference?
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    Yes I think the same holds true for either iPhone or iPad build. From time to time my game will just break and freeze. Usually it's because I changed an actor in some screwy way. Correcting and re-adding that one corrupt or illegal item always fixes it.
    Also, yeah I've found what looks fine in the viewer isn't always so hot on the actual device so test on the hardware whenever and as frequently as possible.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll get it figured out.