In-App Purchase for Android...

denydeny Member Posts: 63
is the in-app purchase going to be available for android and other platforms? when? this will prevent people to migrate to other engines

Comments

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @CodeWizard has said that it is a big priority for them. I am also looking forward to it a lot.
    - Thomas
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    first they need to fix the existing problems with the software. does no good to have android IAP if the software is buggy. @codewizard said first order of business is getting creator solid then build it out.
  • denydeny Member Posts: 63
    android, big market, we loosing money every day this feature is not ready, i know they will get over whatever situation, they are geniuses
    @deny I understand this is needed but isn't a stable tool needed more right now? If you can't build a good stable game how can you sell it in the first place? Quality is far more important to sales than IAP. You can always sell your app for a straight price for now. Everyone is clamoring for features I get it but first the tool has to be perfected before you can add more potential problems. If you've been coding games you should understand this as you don't add more stuff to your game when what you have already doesn't work properly.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @deny I understand this is needed but isn't a stable tool needed more right now? If you can't build a good stable game how can you sell it in the first place? Quality is far more important to sales than IAP. You can always sell your app for a straight price for now. Everyone is clamoring for features I get it but first the tool has to be perfected before you can add more potential problems. If you've been coding games you should understand this as you don't add more stuff to your game when what you have already doesn't work properly.
    Amen
    :D
    edited April 2013
    you guys are absolutely correct, but i have compared numbers but you know free apps vs paid apps if you want to get noticed you have to give it for free, it has worked for me in the iOS market very well, but i have compared numbers and by far free apps have better results.

I understand development but users are upset because they ask: why have you the game for iphone and not android?, why do i have to pay for android when iphone is free?, i get that every day and what am i going to tell them? is gamesalad they don't have that feature ready? i don't because i don't like to speak negative about my company or my partners so i just have to sit quiet until this is resolved.

i think they should hire more people just for android, the more brains the better the result

thanks for the advice
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure if GS had the revenue stream to support a larger staff they would but when most of your users are free it kind cuts into your revenue stream and limits the amount of employees you can have. Things take time to get done. GS finally hired a class A talent in @codewizard. He's only been on the job two weeks and already fixed a bunch of stuff this is light speed compared to the snails pace of GS before him. Give him a couple of months and I bet you won't believe the progress. I expect in this next year he will bring GS farther than they've come in the last two years.
  • ElfizmElfizm Member Posts: 489
    edited May 2013
    @FryingBaconStudios
    In all fairness, good points but SSS said before that since their motto is anyone can make games, hence the free price tag. So by saying it's limiting the number of employees they can have is a false statement and is really just putting your ideas and judgements into a conclusion, thier revenue is through other means, and has always been the case, otherwise they would be earning 300k to 600k a year from pro subscriptions alone plus extra from ad revenue. And i am sure your aware that cant make a company like GS last. Hence why your statement is invalid and just a conclusion, and almost to a point of having a go at free users.

Also, to stir up the pot again, as I feel you are going to hammer me down hard but who doesn't like a good debate?

So I am against what you said about having a stable software before releasing in app purchases (for google play or amazon depending on which they choose initially)
    As there are always work around, and tp deny a feature that is so commonly used has been around for a while is ridicious. Yet we have access to apple Iap system. Are you saying we should stop having access to that because it's unstable, i know your upcomming game uses iap as its main source of income. Well andriod iap is a main source for others, it may not be yours which doesnt mean it shouldnt be intergrated in. there is always going to be issues but at least it gives people a chance to find work arounds, because you gotta be in the game to win it, not watching from the sideline hoping that maybe thier won't be fights, or maybe you won't get hurt.

Apologies or any autocorrect errors
    in app purchase for every platform must be a priority, i know gamesalad engineers are awesome geniuses this is a thing they can handle quickly
  • ansi1986ansi1986 Member, PRO Posts: 2
    Totally agree with deny. In app for android (google play, kindle and samsung) should be the very next item on the improvement list.
    edited June 2013
    Ah it's fine if people disagree with me..lol this isn't lord of the flies. As we all know in the past, GS added new features on top of buggy software. Just because that was their past MO doesn't make it right. Fixing the software is the most important. Not having a solid code foundation would be like building a house on a half a$$ concrete foundation, oh it may last a few years but soon or later it will come crashing down. @Codewizard has lots of things to get right. He has to put in his management structure and his engineering system and process...stabilize the root code et... If you've ever managed a big company you would know how hard this is and takes time. Some of you guys around here with zero business or management experience talk like you do but you don't know much about it because you've never done it. When you get some real world experience and have to do this yourself and if you can do it better then come talk to me. Until then your comments are even more speculative than mine as it's inexperienced and uneducated guesses. At least mine are based on real world experience and schooling in management and leadership which I have a degree in.
  • wayback_gamerwayback_gamer USMember, PRO Posts: 124

Are in app purchases doable for Android yet?

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

No

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@deny‌ you are not losing money. 1. You are not a pro 2. Android is only a one time fee