Actor Position/Size Bug

CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
Anyone else come across this one? Most time you can edit an actor's position or size in the scene without any trouble. But then other times it just completely stuffs up and you can no longer edit the values. They just keep resetting to whatever they were before the bug and the only solution is to delete the actor from the scene and add a new one and hope it doesn't happen again.

I never came across this in earlier versions of the creator.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Windows? Mac?
    Creator 10.2? 10.1?
    Prototype? Instance?

So you type in the values and then go back to the scene and the actor is the size and position it was before you changed the values?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
    Hi tatiang, I'm using a Mac with 10.2.
    This is a random issue with instances. Right after you edit the value it literally reverts back to it's previous value right there in the Attributes pane as if you didn't even change it... it's very frustrating. I hope I can figure out the cause.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Strange. I've seen something similar with attribute values (e.g in a Change Attribute behavior) where I enter a number and click outside of the field and then it reverts back. But it doesn't seem to happen every time.

I recommend submitting a bug report if you haven't yet: http://gamesalad.com/support

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ShmirlyWhirlShmirlyWhirl Member Posts: 189
    I've run in to the issue from time to time. I have found quitting GameSalad and opening it again fixes it.

For me it doesn't happen to frequently. But if it's happening to you a lot I could see how that would disturb your workflow.
    Actually this could be the same issue tatiang. I only noticed it with the resizing/positioning since I was doing a lot of it since GS doesn't like tiling odd sized images anymore (it's an older project from before this happened). But when just now when I was working on actors attributes like the timer counter for an action I was also getting this.

Thanks ShmirlyWhirl, I'll see if this will be a better work around. Unfortunately, it is happening very often right now. I don't know what I did to trigger this all of a sudden.
    Okay, might be onto something here. I think the cause of this is if you edit a field rather than retyping the entire value. Say I wanted to change 2047 to 2048. If I just changed the 7 to an 8 I run the risk of being hit by this issue. If I delete 2047 entirely and then type 2048 I seem to be okay...