Why did you name your company/studio what you did?

2»

Comments

• Well funny story...

When I first decided to go into game development I knew absolutely nothing. And, I spend the first couple days trying to think of a cool name. One day my brother said to me, "it doesn't matter what you call it since you're doomed to fail." (he was kidding). But, I thought hey if I make it big wouldn't that be an ironic name, and if I fail, well it was fitting.

Cheers
  • dwibredwibre Member Posts: 192
    Coconut Island Apps came from a Counting Crows song there is a line that says "take me off to a Coconut Island" The dream would be to sit with a Mac book on a Coconut Island and make apps :-)
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Dane and I decided on Lost Oasis because we have no idea where we are.
    Lol yeah, that and it also is a reference to the classic video game arcade, which these days is a Lost Oasis.

• lewisonelewisone Member Posts: 48

I have a blown out ego and a bit of a following in my niche, so I named it after myself. Also probably because I'm super lazy when doing things for myself and didn't want to create a new business license when developing games vs my other creative endeavors os I found a way to group them all together. My employees could care less as long as my bags of cash keep landing in their lap every Friday.

-LewisOne (My Website, FB, Twitter, IG, YT)