Timer Resumes After Sleep/Hibernate

RCSappsRCSapps Member Posts: 8
I have tested timers using the "Timer" and the "Game.Time" functions. Whenever the device (Android Smartphone or Tablet) goes into sleep, the timer is paused and continues where it left off after pause. I would like to make a timer that keeps ticking in the background during sleep.

How can this be done?

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2013
    Gamesalad cannot allow you to run timers in the background as such. Or should I say that device will not allow Gamesalad to run timers in the background as such.
    You will need an app built that speaks nativelty in/with objective C or otherwise.
  • RCSappsRCSapps Member Posts: 8
    I was afraid of that. Any ideas for a work around using gamesalad?
    edited January 2013
    I hate to say it, but don't let it go to sleep. It just can't run in the background, which is what occurs once it goes to sleep. It's kinda like a layer and it switches from one (iOS) and back into the GameSalad layer (your app). It is something that may get addressed in a future edition of gamesalad, but more likely would only be seen in the Pro Lua Free version (if at all).
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    I thought we could now use the device clock.

I thought we could make pet rock apps. Isnt there a demo in the gamesalad selection that has a flower pet demo. For that to work that would mean we have something to get time passed from.
    Yes, it can pull deveice time, but making an alarm clock type app that runs a countdown/ keeps time in sleep, or in the background while the iOS, or another app is operating is not going to happen.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    So while using the device clock in the app. Then it goes to sleep or in the background. At that moment it doesnt save the device time as a attribut? and then when you come back it doesnt do the math from last saved attribute to what the device is saying when you come back? Example: Device goes to sleep at 5:15 pm saves that attribute. Then you come back and wake app at 6:00pm the attributed doesnt go 6:00-5:15 = 45 minutes. Take 45 minutes of timer or countdown?
    edited January 2013
    Ah yes, I see what you are saying, for android or nook yes, I keep forgetting they have the sleep hybernate option.

Man, I've become an iOS snob. Nose up in the air at android and nookie. :-\"
  • the19thbearthe19thbear Member Posts: 102

Any news on the timer thing on iOS? Is it still not possible to do a clock that runs in the background?
    Thanks