Experienced Programmer for hire!

ShmirlyWhirlShmirlyWhirl Member Posts: 189
Hey everybody.

I have about a years experience working with Game Salad. In this time I have done a few contract jobs (I would link to examples but the games have not been released as of yet).

I'm trying to get my name out there in the community, so at this point I will be able to offer very competitive rates. If you are having a small problem, I might be able to help pro bono.

I am completely lost when it comes to graphics, but as long as those are provided, I'm your man.

Anyway, thanks for reading. If you are interested please send me a PM, or reply here and I'll get back to you.

Comments

• ShmirlyWhirlShmirlyWhirl Member Posts: 189
    Just wanted to bump this. I am wrapping up my current job, so I am looking for more work.
  • GappsoftGappsoft Member Posts: 22
    What's your hourly rate and are your games out yet?
    edited February 2013
    Hourly will vary by project. Usually about 15-20 USD an hour, but I prefer to do a pay by project, so you don't feel like I'm slacking just to milk more money out of you.

The only game I have on the store right now with my name in it is Kamikaze Defender
    itunes.apple.com%2Fee%2Fapp%2Fkamikaze-defender%2Fid543979560%3Fmt%3D8&ei=Pc0dUd2bBergiAKejYFY&usg=AFQjCNE0qBuVQigC58IBNWzJNtPVK6VtnQ&bvm=bv.42553238,d.cGE. (I'm not too sure how to make a hyperlink here)
    But I was brought in late so that doesn't showcase a whole lot of my talent.

I just submitted an update for someones app, in which I fixed some bugs and added some logic. I'll post that link once Apple approves the update.

Unfortunately, the two big games that I've done that really show what I can do are stuck in development hell. The people that hired me were waiting to make and add some music, but they are busy with with a Voice Over IP service.

However: I am certain any of the people I've worked with will vouch for me as references.
  • farhanuk77farhanuk77 Member Posts: 3
    email me at farhanuk77@hotmail.com
  • GappsoftGappsoft Member Posts: 22
    If I'm having trouble with some game logic that may take just a few hours, can you do that as well?
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    I'm not too sure how to make a hyperlink here
    @ShmirlyWhirl

Here ya go! :) http://appstore.com/kamikazedefender

Chakku
    edited February 2013
    @Gappsoft
    I can definitely help you with stuff like that as well. If it's not too time consuming, I wouldn't even charge, as fixing bugs is great practice for any type of programming. If it's a lengthy tutor session you are after, I am sure I can accommodate that as well.

EDIT: Forgot to include this line:
    Feel free to add me on skype (cshmerling), and I can help little bits here and there when I am online.
    END EDIT

@farhanuk77
    I'll send you an email shortly.
    @Chakku

Thanks man. If only there wasn't a 24 hour limit on editing, I could make that post look a lot cleaner.
    I have a little bit of time, I'm currently waiting on some clients to finish up their art. If anyone has a small job, I am available right now.
  • GoldendoggGoldendogg Member Posts: 3
    Have a small gamesalad project if you are still available. let me know thanks
    @Goldendogg: Sent you a PM

Everyone else I am currently available to work on any projects you may have! First come, first served.
  • glyniusglynius Member Posts: 231
    i consider to fix some problems on my game

the problems are slow frame rate and crashes on android version, the game is finished and it is allready on appstore, i will start my promotional campaign and i would like to polish everything according to programming. are you interested and what will be the cost, please email me for this.
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/54843/opa#latest
    @glynius

I'm sure I could help you out, but before I go quoting you an estimate, I would like to take a look at the project to see how bad things are, and to get an idea of what I need to do to improve things. That way I will know how long it will take, so I can give you a fair estimate.

I checked on the Play market, and couldn't find your game. I assume it's not released on that store yet, I just wanted to see if I could see the frame rate issue.

Anyway, if you would like to discuss things further, please email me at
    c.shmerling@gmail.com

(and anyone else that may be interested in my services, I realize I forgot to include my email anywhere)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Post a portfolio fo things you've done; you'll be sure to receive more interest!
  • glyniusglynius Member Posts: 231
    I would also like to see some of your work, sorry for this but i don't feel comfortable sending the project, if there is no problem i would like to have some more info of you.
  • WalkingkoanWalkingkoan Member Posts: 10
    I have a small project that has some quite unique mechanics so I'm needing some help with it. I'm an experienced designer and animator but my programming skills are not even enough for this simple project, would you like to know more about it and maybe partner up or I could send you a briefing so you could give me and estimate of your fee for the project?
    Thanks
  • EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    edited April 2013
    Where are you from? Will you sign an NDA? I have a game that is 75% done
    I'm in the US, California specifically.

I don't mind signing NDA's if thats what you want.

Send an email to c.shmerling@gmail.com if you want to discuss what you're looking for.
  • RustyWitRustyWit Member Posts: 3
    I'm got some vague ideas for a mobile/PC fighter. I also have a budget of 5k.
    I'll send you a pm
  • ArchonStudiosArchonStudios Member, PRO Posts: 23
    I have run into a little bit of an issue getting a character to climb either side of a building, walk across the top, and then climb back down either side of that same building, or to just walk off and fall to the ground. Is this something you can help with? I am already able to have the character walk left and right, jump, attack and change directions while jumping.
    I have been getting a lot of emails about people looking for my services.

I have been busy with both GameSalad and other projects, and am booked for at least the next month or so. I will post here when I am available again. However, if you have a project you wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks to get started, feel free to contact me.

Also- My apologies if I have not responded to you directly. I try to get back to every one, but some of you may have slipped through the cracks.
    What a busy few months it has been!
    I have done a little bit more work with GameSalad, as well as beefed up my knowledge in objective-c as well as java and c#. Working with Unity/xCode is not too far off!

I have a little bit of time to do a quick turnaround project. Get in contact with my asap and I may be able to squeeze you in!