IOS apps are losing all sound!??

SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
Hi, I'm getting increasing reports of my iOS apps losing all sound with seemingly no fix, leaving my customers with a silent app that they just can't fix! I've been through every 'fix' I can think of with them, restart app through recent apps list, hard reset iPad, uninstall and reinstall app, even restore iPad with iTunes!! But nothing has brought their sound back :(
Can anyone shed ant light on this rather worrying issue?
Thanks
Wayne

Comments

• DanielDoeDanielDoe Member Posts: 307
    Do you use Game Center in your games? I had issues with completly loosing sound in my apps after login into GC and View leaderboards, which was caused by to heavy (file size) sound file at the beggining of loading scene.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Thanks Daniel, interesting, but no Game Center here. I'll check my file sizes, but am pretty sure I've kept them light. How heavy was too heavy for you?
  • smallingsmalling Member, PRO Posts: 72
    I had a similar problem. Try this link from apple support. It solved my problem with a few customers.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Look in your ipad settings and go to "Use Side Switch to:" and if it is set to "Lock Rotation" your sound can be muted even though the volume indicates it is fully up. The link has images that will help.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Wow, thanks Smalling, sounds obscure! One of my customers fixed theirs with a hard reset, but another has tried that a while ago with no luck. I'll look into your link for them if they're still having trouble - thanks!!
  • smallingsmalling Member, PRO Posts: 72
    Hope it works for you. The first thought is to blame the developer - your app is probably fine.